1988 VW T25 / T3 / Vanagon Caravelle Syncro 4X4
his is the reluctant sale of my beloved VW Syncro. It is an absolute dream to drive and I have really enjoyed using it over the past few years and hope it goes to a good home.
The origins of the van, so I’m told, are that it was an ex-Estonian Police van and it was bought over to the UK in 2010, which was when I purchased it.
I used it for a year and then went travelling, so had to store it in a friend’s garage. Upon my return I got it back on the road. I built the interior myself, and as with everything it might not be to everyone’s taste, but that’s the fun of having a VW and personalising it. Although she is an old van, and wear and tear is to be expected, she is in very good condition.
- Brand new mefro wheels
- MOT until March 2017 (no advisories)
- New CPU fitted in 2013
- New exhaust system fitted in Dec 2013 (not stainless steel)
- Water cooled system
- Syncro mesh – slightly worn on third gear, however absolutely no problems when driven carefully
- Minor blisters in paintwork (as seen in photos)
- Power steering
- Diff locks – front and rear
- Spare wheel
- Roof rack
- Captain’s seats – heated!
- Sliding side windows
- Rock and roll bed – double
- Hob – single stainless steel
- Sink – stainless steel (not powered)
- 240,000km approx
Offers above £8,500.