A simple pop-in replacement for the stock Hella light that’s above the driver’s door. It features two high output LEDs and a 3 way switch in a durable 3D printed ABS housing. The reason for the colours is that the red light will not effect your natural night vision when driving at night or if you hear a noise outside at night when wild camping.
Here are some sample wiring diagrams for two popular ways to configure the product:
One customer was nice enough to give us a write up on how he installed his units, this worked for him with his van.
- Cut the wire harness from both LED’s to about 3in in length.
- Strip the black outer harness 2in, to expose the red and black wires within.
- Join both of the red wires together.
- Join both of the black wires together.
- Attach female connectors to the red and black wires.
- The Black Connector goes to the center of the switch.
- The Red Connector goes to the hot lead from the overhead light.
- The Ground leads going to the stock lamp need new connector ends, remove and replace them.
- Attach the new leads on each side of the new switch.
- Run jumper wires for additional lighting as needed.