We all know that manoeuvring a VW T25 can be challenging at the best of times, especially when driving a slow speeds or when trying to park into a tight spot. Our EPAS power steering kit for your VW T25 T3 Vanagon will rectify all of that, making parking a breeze and improving your driving experience in ways you didn’t think possible (e.g. improved stability when experiencing cross-winds).
Our units come with an automatic sensitivity controller, adjusting the sensitivity of the steering automatically depending on the steering force applied. This means lighter steering for parking and stiffer for motorway driving.
Our kits come with the following:
- Suitable for left or right-hand drive vehicles.
- Under seat battery wiring kit.
- Automatic speed sensor and wiring.
- Power steer column.
- Collapsible coupling for impact protection.
- Power steer ECU.
- Laser Cut mounting bracket.
- Material power motor cover so the unit blends in with your interior for a stock appearance..
- Wiring instructions.
- Fitting instructions
- Automatic controller kit calculates the required steering assistance based on the drivers requirement during last 5 seconds
- £30 cash-back if you return your old standard steering column to us at the address on our contacts page.
This kit is designed to be a DIY instal by a competent person or your machanic if you are not that handy with the spanners. All parts needed to fully convert your van are included. Around 1 to 2 hours installation time. No welding required, complete assembled unit ready to be installed.
Please note: The base of your steering column cowling will need to be trimmed. Left hand drive owner please note that you will need to trim your centre heater cowling a little to allow space for the kit’s motor. Please see product images.
If you feel you would prefer to have the kit installed by a qualified mechanic we can highly recommend Lee at Combe Valley Campers as the official fitter for this product.