Roof mounted air conditioners can be venerable to impact damage and are to fragile and prone to failure on expedition style vehicles. It is also much better to keep as much of the vehicles weight as low down as possible. Keeping everything inside where it is safe and protected is the best solution and leaving the whole roof for solar that will not ever get any shadowing from other things such as air conditioning units is a real bonus.
The Truma Saphir compact air conditioner is small, light and economical. With its low weight and economical power consumption, the Saphir compact caravan and motorhome air con unit is the ideal air conditioning unit for small and medium-sized campervans conversions or smaller motorhomes and expedition vehicles.
Truma Saphir compact features:
- Extraordinarily light at just 20 kg
- Thanks to its compact design the Truma Saphir Compact will fit into practically any storage compartment
- Sleep function ensures extremely quiet operation
- Very low current consumption
- Convenient remote control and programmable timer
- Suitable for vehicles up to approx. 5.5 m in length
- Can be operated with Truma iNet System
Additional benefits of the Saphir comfort RC
- 2400 W of cooling power for optimum air cooling and humidity reduction
- Ideal for allergy sufferers thanks to the pollen filter that is fitted as standard
- Cooling time of up to 15 hours can be programmed in advance
- Completely maintenance-free thanks to the closed refrigeration circuit
- Better vehicle handling because of the way the air conditioning system is installed close to the floor.