The Sterling Power Alternator to Battery Charger system is perfectly designed to be installed with the minimum amount of effort with maximum returns. Or simply put you want a charger with a powerful punch and minimum effort. Charge your batteries up to 5 times faster!
12 Volt version for alternators up to 130 Amps.
The unit applies a load on to the alternator to pull the alternator voltage down. As a result, the alternator works harder to compensate for the artificially high drain on the system. However, the alternator output voltage is pulled down to a totally useless voltage for charging batteries.
So the Alternator to Battery charger converts the high current, but low voltage, output and “amplifies” the voltage to charge the auxiliary battery bank at a higher voltage than the alternator output voltage.
In order to achieve fast and efficient battery charging, the software control program and settings for this product are the same as for the Sterling Digital battery chargers and the Digital advanced alternator regulator.
Very important – ensure the rating of the charging system is higher than the output rating of the alternator.
- Quick and simple installation
- Increased alternator efficiency
- Batteries charge up to 5 times faster
- Advanced charging profile increases battery capacity and improves battery life
- No Engine or Alternator warranty issues
- Built in 2 bank split charge diode
- Auxiliary/Leisure batteries can be Lead acid, AGM or Gel
- Alternator Temperature Sensor
- Optional Remote Control with current monitoring shunts