Specifically designed for the Mercedes Sprinter VS30, released in late 2018, the SmartBar’s Vehicle Frontal Protection System (VFPS) is a complete bumper replacement that complements the design and shape of the vehicle, maintains all of the factory accessories and all the while provides unparalleled safety.
Designed to suit the VS30 Panel Van along with the Minibus and Cab Chassis in any length and roof configuation, the SmartBar is engineered to be the lightest and safest VFPS available; offering even more protection and safety for vehicle owners and importantly pedestrians.
Additionally the SmartBar is compatible with all on board safety systems including the factory standard Active Brake Assist with Autonomous Emergency Braking, optional Parking Package with 360 degree camera; and also providing the necessary clearance to the AdBlue DEF Tank.
Suits both standard and Ambulance vehicles, refer to the last page for more specific information.
Protection & Styling Characteristics:
- Meets full Australian Standard AS 4876.1-2002. Including 3.2 Road User Protection
- Weight savings provide improved fuel economy and reduced tyre, suspension and brake wear when compared to other alternatives
- SmartBar is tested to ensure a HIC (Head Injury Criteria) figure below the Australian
- Standard rating of 1500, as to provide pedestrians with a higher probability of surviving a low speed impact
- Fitted Weight of 45.5kg for Ambulance Vehicles
- Fitted Weight of 44kg for Non Parking Package Vehicles
- Fitted Weight of 44.5kg for Parking Package Vehicles
- Bar adds 190mm to vehicle length
- 17o approach angle at centre (21o approach angle from factory)
- Air Bag Compatible
- Bumper replacement, easily fitted
- Superior frontal protection, due to the impact absorbing hollow construction
- Supplied with Smartbar All in 1 Light; includes daytime running light, driving, fog, parker & indicator*
- Supplied with 1 x LHS Antenna Mount
- Antenna mount location on loops of the bar, up to 2 available
- UV stabilised polymer for durability and corrosion resistance
- Styled to maintain the Vehicle’s aesthetic
- Proudly designed and manufactured in Australia
- Minimal maintenance
- Minimal repair costs after impact
- Manufactured from environmentally friendly, recyclable polyethylene polymer
- Accommodates a number of spotlights
- Compatible with front parking sensors, 360 degree camera and AdBlue DEF Tank*Additional wiring may be required for all functions, please refer to fitment matrix on last page for more information.