Good condition RHD T3 Syncro. Lots of modifications make this a very practicle classic.
Originally built as a high spec Caravelle (GL) for a VW dealership, I’ve owned it since September 2012.
- Camper conversion by Stirlings of Newbury in 2012.
- 3/4 Rock’n’roll bed with memory foam base
- 2 way Waeco fridge (drawer type)
- SMEV cooker/sink unit
- Thetford Porta Potti Qube in buddy seat
- All interior built in light weight lamate ply – Puntinella finish
- Blackout curtains – VW Camper Curtains ‘Fab Poppy’
- Factory PAS
- Original GL captains seats (Swivel on passenger seat)
- VW Passat Mk4 dash conversion (SyncroSport)
- Porsche 944 steering wheel
- Sony DAB radio with Kenwood/Rockford speakers
- Lockable underseat storage drawer on passenger side – Rocky Mountain Westy
- 240Ah of leisure batteries (2 x Victron Supercycle) charged by 240Wp (2 x 120Wp flexible) solar panels via Victron smart controller
- Stirling Power battery to battery split charger
Westy type pop top fitted by Space Roofs, Fiamma F35 Pro roll out awning, Rock sliders – strong enough to take the vehicle weight, not just to look good!
16″ lookalike wheel arches – Terra WaggonMatching door locks all round – incl. ignition barrel – one key fits all locks, Lower South African grille etc…
Engine and transmission
Subaru EJ25 n/a engine (165BHP) from 2002 Legacy – rebuilt in 2017 (25k miles ago)
Recent service incl. timing belt/waterpump change
RJES conversion parts used except Small Car short sump and engine bar
LPG conversion – gives much better fuel economy
Custom stainless exhaust with cat. correctly connected to Subaru ECU
Front and rear diff locks – all working
Front and rear gearboxes rebuilt and strengthened (rear) by Aiden Talbot in 2017 incl. RJES output shaft to fit Subaru clutch plate
VC rebuilt by 025 Motorsort in 2017
Recon propshaft in 2018 (Brickwerks – GKN)
930 CV joints all round (not outside fronts – GKN)
Brakes, wheels suspension etc.
Powerflex bushes all round
Audi A8 front brakes (318mm vented discs) + VW Sharan rear disc conversion (025 Motorsport) + 10″ BMW servo
Trailmaster HD shocks with 40mm lift
25mm anti-roll bar
16″ Mefro wheels with 215/60 van rated tyres (wheels regularily rotated incl.spare)
Correctly registed with DVLA as ‘Motor Caravan’
Subaru engine capacity and engine number correct in logbook
Engineers report available for insurance etc.
Location: London, UK.
Welcome to our beloved van JJ who (through no fault of his own) is looking for a new home. He is a 1985 Volkswagen t25 WESTFALIA JOKER pop top. 4 berth. 5 speed. LHD.
JJ was original a 1.6 engine but in 2015 he had a 1.9 TDI engine conversion which was taken from a 1996 VW Golf which ONLY HAD 29,836 MILES on the clock. We felt so lucky to have found such an incredible donor engine – and it has not let us down. We have photos of the donor engine, mileage and paperwork to prove the goods. Despite purchasing and having the wiring loom completed by SYNCRO-ANDY, we decided to stick with the mechanical TDI, rather than electrical, but the loom is supplied and ready to fit if the new owner so wishes. We have since done 19,625km which is roughly 12.5k Miles in 5 years on top of the original mileage. This mileage may go up slightly as is still used.
JJ has been a part of our family since early 2014. After initially owning a 78’ bay, it was time for more space as our son was growing up fast, and boy does the t25 give you that space! We initially bought JJ as an interim van, thinking we would only have him for a year or so, but we fell hard and fast in love and he has been with us for almost 7 years now. In this time, JJ has taken us yearly (sometimes up to 3 times yearly) down to Cornwall and never let us down. For us, that is a 600 mile round trip. Yes he’s heavy, yes he’s old – but he is an absolute tank and always delivers. We have had so many adventures in JJ around the country and never felt he would let us down. We went to the Peak District in the middle of winter and the Winter Pack Eberspacher Heater was a complete godsend. We were toasty and warm and the cold wasn’t an issue at all. The van has 5 fitted seat belts (3 3pt, 2 lap) which has come in handy for taking our son and his mates away too. JJ has been a great van for many family adventures.
This is a LHD and lived a lot of his life in Germany and France until 2008 before coming to the UK. Huge amounts of paperwork and history throughout.
We have had the van checked yearly (on top of any MOTs or maintenance/upgrades) before any long distance travels, and have had the van looked at before listing to sell. This has resulted in us getting a small piece of welding done on the passenger side door before wanting to sell this to anybody. MOT until Nov 2020. ONLY 2 FORMER KEEPERS.
- 2015 Engine conversion – VolksFarmers
- 2015 Cam belt
- 2016 Wiring loom SYNCRO ANDY – purchased but not fitted.
- 2016 Intercooler fitted.
- 2016 Respray.
- 2016 Alloy wheel upgrade.
- 2017 LED light upgrade completed at CamperVanCulture HQ.
- 2017 Exterior air filter fitted for more space in the engine bay.
- 2017 New alternator.
- 2017 Accelerator cable.
- 2017 New insulation wrap fitted behind all door cards.
- 2018 New leisure and main battery.
- 2018 New glow plugs
- 2019 Oil change.
- 2019 New turbo.
- 2020 New Fuel Gauge
Standard features & Add-ons:
- Winter pack. (Eberspacher heater & double glazed windows).
- Full width bed up top.
- 3/4 bed downstairs.
- 5 seat belts. 3 3point, 2 lap belts.
- Twin hob cooker.
- 240 hook up.
- Truck mirrors.
- Headlight Grills.
- Cab door air vents.
- Rail for awning.
- Comes with full set of interior thermals.
- Exterior pop top thermal wrap.
- Paulchen bike rack.
- Fire extinguisher fitted inside main area
- Spare paint from respray with code
Small bits to finish:
- JJ is very solid throughout but does have some mild seam rash in the usual places and around fuel fill-up. These are nothing major and there is left-over paint to complete this.
- The pop-top canvas is original and could be replaced Although it has no visible holes and works perfectly fine.
- Sliding door double glazed window is cracked but not holey, and like I mentioned, this did not effect our warmth in the Peak District in the middle of winter.
Very reluctant sale, selling due to taking on a sprinter conversion. We have a lot of love for JJ and really want him to go to the right home.
Price: £14,500.00 ONO
Location: East London, UK.
Well looked-after and mechanically sound; complete service history from Jack’s Garage London since we bought it in 2013. MOT valid until 27/02/2021.
- New engine in 2004, full rebuild in 2013 – just 46,911 miles on the engine.
- New rebuilt AAN Gearbox from VW Bulli Parts Bernd Jäger fitted by Jack’s Garage in 2014, 30,000 miles since.
- New body panels (both rear wheel arches, offside side panel, offside middle inner sill and foot-wells) fitted in 2017; partial respray (some still in red oxide). Some minor rust behind front bumper and around window seals but otherwise excellent.
- New exhaust fitted in 2017.
- New main battery in 2016 and leisure battery in 2018.
- Fitted with battery isolation key and GPS tracker last year after it was stolen and then recovered – ignition lock replaced too.
- Diff-locks not operational but in-place AFAIK.
- Replaced dash for newer version with rev-counter and fitted LED illumination; new blower motor and PCB step-less control dial; main and leisure battery voltmeters fitted on dash; removable Pioneer bluetooth CD stereo with power isolation button and rear speakers (wired to leisure battery)
- On-board water tank removed to make extra under-seat storage
- Wood laminate flooring; original Autohomes interior inc fully-functioning Electrolux 3-way fridge, sink (no tap), 2 ring cooker and grill; new LED lights; 12v and USB charging point in rear; water-heater and Propex heater are in place but disconnected (I don’t know if they are operational or not).
- Rock-and-roll bed with 3 fitted seatbelts (2x 3-point and one lap-belt)
- Swivelling passenger seat
- 240v mains hook-up
- Complete set of curtains
- Spare gas canister.
This van has been a reliable and trusty friend, we have camped with two kids through France and the UK in it and have many happy memories. Starts and runs great. Storage in the hightop takes all your bedding etc and there’s loads of space for gear, even fully-loaded it will cruise happily at 65. And because it’s a Syncro it’s happy venturing off the beaten track to find wild camping spots.
The new ULEZ rules for London have forced a reluctant sale but if you’re looking for a low-mileage go-anywhere van with a young gearbox that’s in great mechanical condition with no nasty surprises waiting, this is the one for you.
Location: Swansea, UK.
Probably one of the highest spec RHD Dokas’ on the road. Selling her to fund another Syncro build. Will come with a Black Vinyl top for the rear, and 8 No’ 15″ Mefros with Maxxis Big Horn 764 tyres
Here is a link to a video of a great day off road, taken a few years ago, hope you enjoy,
Has a huge spec as listed below and believe well worth the asking figure of £17,500
- 1987 Doka, Original owner was an Electrician in Surrey who had the van from new until Sep 2010 when I bought it.
- Twin headlamp grill, very bright lights.
- Originally 1.9DG, but now 1.9TDi, AFN pushing approx. 130BHP, by Mario at MV Engineering.
- V5 still shows as Petrol so the vehicle can still go into Low emission zones like central London!!
- 15000 miles on new engine.
- 2 Diff Locks with .543 gearbox. Both working.
- Raised Suspension.
- 15” Mefros with Maxxis Big Horn 764, 8 No’ included in sale
- Extra door added to Crew cab so now a very rare 4 door RHD Syncro Doka.
- 2x 110amp batteries in treasure locker.
- Slide out draw to nearside in treasure locker
- 3x Discovery 2 seats fitted to rear cab. This gives a load area as well as three seats or maybe load and one or two seats.
- Alpine Bluetooth Stereo
- CB radio
- Central locking.
- Stainless Steel fuel tank straps done when engine conversion was installed.
- Captains seats up front, both swivel.
- Westfalia front table bracket and arm with custom table
- 2x Vindic canopy loops and black PVC soft cover.
- 3KW inverter on Anderson connector in rear cab.
- Tow bar.
- Passat speedo and rev counter set up.
- Undergone a full body restoration in 2017 and still looking good.
- Over 100 historical photos of works done since I have owned her
PRICE: £31500 ono
Location: Warrington, UK.
Contact: Jon on 07725 945523 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For sale, this unique, lovely freshly converted campervan.
The conversion has been based on a Highline (very high spec) 2015 long wheel base Volkswagen T5.1 (T32) with just under 114k miles, it has a full service history and is an attractive colour – Olympic Blue.
This camper is equipped with the 4 motion – four wheel drive system, upgraded volkswagen approved suspension and strong alloy wheels fitted with all terrain tyres. This camper will never leave you stranded in a muddy field, it will be very capable in reaching those perfect off the beaten path wild camp spots.
Here’s a list of all the key features of the camper:
- Austop poptop with roof bed – professionally fitted by Custom Campers in Halifax and TUV approved. A 12v led touch dimmable light is fitted.
- The gloss white interior units are complemented with oak work tops table and window surround. There is plenty of storage and has a shelf above the sink with a downlighting led strip light.
- Rib altair 112cm rear seat/bed. This is probably the best/most versatile bed on the market, very comfy too!
- It benefits from having integral inertia reel seat belts and adjustable headrests. The seat base is contoured which makes long journeys enjoyable. The bed is fully certified for crash/pull testing, why would you consider anything less?
- The bed is finished in black leather with alcantara on the rear.
- Up front, the captain drivers seat and single passenger seat have been professionally re-trimmed in leather to match the bed. The passenger seat is fitted with a sportcraft TUV approved swivel plate to make a sociable seating layout.
- Smev 9222 twin hob and sink with cold running water from an onboard container. Cooking using Calor butane gas in a 907 size bottle (isolated and regulated).
- Webasto Elegance Cruise 12V 49 litre fridge with freezer compartment.
- Planar diesel night heater with thermostatic control – perfect for year round adventures and arguably one of the best things you can fit in a camper. This complements the insulation packed into the side cavities of the camper.
- Non-slip oak effect safety flooring – very hard wearing and easy to clean.
- 12v led lighting for the living area with over bed reading light (with integrated USB charger socket).
- 110AH AGM Leisure battery with a Ring battery to battery charge control system which uses the engine the charge the leisure battery whilst on the move. The battery to battery charger will also allow the fitment of a solar panel.
- Privacy glass and black out curtains.
- 240V hook up which also charges the leisure battery and has a socket for camping essentials – hair dryer or straighteners!
- 12V USB dual socket for charging phones/tablets.
- KMC Holeshot alloy wheels and BF Goodrich All Terrain tyres, load rated and very strong not to mention awesome looking.
- Seikel upgraded and Volkswagen approved suspension. This gives you a bit more ground clearance but the road holding remains confident and doesn’t have a boaty feel unlike the cheaper lift kits.
- Air conditioning to keep those summer trips cool.
- Factory colour coded bumpers.
- 2.0 turbo diesel engine with 140bhp and mated to the 6 speed gearbox for great motorway cruising. It is euro 5 rated and has stop start technology but not the bluemotion technology that the euro 6 category vehicles have (essentially ad-blu injection).
- Multifunction leather steering wheel that allows you to access the multifunction computer, bluetooth handsfree telephone etc.
- As this is the highline model, there are a few other nice options that have been specified from the factory – Headlamp washers, HID headlamps, front fog lamps, electric windows, heated electric mirrors.
- Please come and take a look and have a brew when it’s safe to do so. I can do a video tour of the camper if required.
- MOT and a fresh service will be carried out as soon as the garages open.
Perfect for those weekend escapes, longer adventure trips, festivals or just days in the hills or at the beach.
The camper is in Warrington, Cheshire if you would like to come and take a look round.
Payment is preferred by bank transfer. Finance for campervans is available from Pegasus Finance (I am not a broker but they are a recognised, reputable finance provider).
I don’t wish to swap/trade/part exchange for anything other than a bank transfer, this sale is to fund a house purchase.
Please send an email with any questions about the camper.
Thanks for looking – keep safe.
PRICE: £21500 ono
Contact: Gareth on 07985944315 or email@example.com
Location: Glasgow, UK.
I have owned this van for 5 years and have gradually modified and improved it at considerable expense. The result is a bus with modern driving characteristics, reliability, power, and the “cool” factor of a classic VW.
Originally a 2.0 air-cooled engine was fitted, but even with twin Dellorto cars it became clear that there was insufficient power to keep up with modern traffic. I considered a 2.0 Subaru engine initially, but research concluded that the extra power and refinement of the flat six boxer engine would be optimal. I was lucky to discover an engine with only 7000 miles powering a Subaru Outback at a Subaru specialist in Chesterfield, and snapped that up for the conversion.
All conversion and mechanical work has been done professionally by Robert McKenna at V-Worx in Ayr. The van is completely rust free, and everything works as it should. It is left hand drive, as all genuine Westies of this vintage are.
A summary of the work done follows:
- Subaru 3.0 H6 engine (208bhp), with custom fabricated and powder coated engine support bars, header tank, and custom stainless steel exhaust.
- The van is serviced annually, with oil and filter changes performed regardless of mileage, which averages 2000 miles per year.
- New radiator and piping to convert to water cooled configuration.
- New petrol tank and pipework.
- TY756 6-speed gearbox sourced from a low mileage Subaru 2.0tdi with a 4.44 final drive ratio, and flipped with Subaru gears components.
- Larger diameter front disc brakes, and rear disc conversion. A more powerful servo and T4 brake system has been installed.
- 1.5″ GoWesty lift springs and new dampers from CVC. New ball joints and all worn suspension bushes replaced.
- 15 inch Mefro steel wheels from CVC with all-terrain tyres
- Westfalia towbar with electrics.
- New half shafts and CV joints.
- Electric power steering conversion by Lite-Steer.
- Externally, there is no rust whatsoever. The vulnerable parts have been professionally rust proofed by Preserve and Protect in Johnstone. Wheel arch liners and VW mud flaps have been fitted.
- Syncro truck wing mirrors have been fitted to replace the inadequate stock mirrors.
- Seating for five. Sleeps 4 people.
- 3-way Electrolux fridge (works on Lpg, 12v, or mains power). I replaced the noisy original cooling fan with a virtually silent computer fan.
- Propex Lpg powered blown-air interior heating.
- CVC pop-top lift assist struts, to allow effortless elevation even with load bars fitted.
- Artificial rain gutters fitted to pop-top and Thule bars included.
- 270 Fiamma F35 Pro pull-out awning included in sale (removed for winter)
- Vango Airbeam driveway awning included in sale.
- Mains leads, and levelling blocks included. CVC pop-top thermal wrap, and window thermal blinds included.
- Alpine stereo with Bluetooth hands free calling.
- CVC Solar powered extractor fan in skylight.
PRICE: £12,000 (NOW £9.999 ono)
Contact: Matt on 07801069500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Betchworth, Surrey, UK.
For sale is my beloved Jennifer, a 1988 VW T25 Westfalia Joker Campervan. She is originally from Germany but has travelled all over Europe, in fact shes been to almost every country, even Athens in Greece!
She’s a 1.6 Turbo Diesel Water Cooled 4 berth Campervan.
She’s all original down to the upholstery, paintwork and stickers.
She is a standard ‘Joker’ spec with some extras which include:
- ISRI Captain swivel seats with arm rests.
- Front table.
- Rear table.
- Sliding side window (which is great for serving tea to fellow campers).
- Kitchen Opening Window.
- Box seat with cushion (great storage).
- Omnistor 3m awning.
- 3 point seat belts for rear seats (which converts to the rock ‘n’ roll double bed).
- Double bed in the roof.
- Sink with running water.
- Two Ring Gas Hob
- Fridge (Electric, Gas, Battery).
- Electric hook-up.
- Sony stereo with CD, radio, USB for iPod connection.
- Eberspacher heater
- Brand new leisure battery.
- Loads of storage.
- Original First Aid Kit (unopened).
- Loads of accessories.
Little things to do in the future:
- She is very solid but being a 30 year old VW Campervan there are little rust patches around the normal places; the key holes and the fuel tank, but nothing major.
- She has had over £5000 worth of bodywork done in the last couple of years. She is a very solid van.
- There is a crack in the high top front skylight window but hasn’t caused any problems. This can be replaced easily if needed.
- The rear hatch door has a couple of dents on it where a bike rack used to be but again it’s nothing major.
- The rear window is cracked but I have a replacement window from Gunzel still in the box that I will throw in for free. I also have a Brand new in box Fiamma 3 Bike Rack that can be purchased off me
She was serviced this year with a new cam belt and has an MOT until Sep 2020. She has a Gas Safety Certificate until July 2020.
She has 128000 miles on the clock.
Loads of service history and receipts going back to 1988!
18,000 EUR NOW 17,000 EUR
Contact Janine by email on email@example.com
Based in the Berlin area, Germany – international shipping can be organised.
Engine & Exterior
- Exchange engine 1.9 TD (AAZ)
- Mileage approx. 250.000 kilometres. Body has 392.000 kilometres
- Permanent 4-wheel-drive, difflock front and back.
- Power steering.
- All-terrain tyes 225/75 R16 (Goodyear AT Wrangler) on Mefro steel wheels.
- Lifted body
- Old-Man-Emu shock absorbers
- Additional oil cooler
- Tuned injection pump
- Zyklon- air filter
- Rev counter
- Boost pressure display
- Fire-extinguishing system above engine
- Battery separator
- Swedish radiator grille
- Taifun, work lights, cross-hair beams
- Truck mirrors, additional wide-angle mirrors
- Farmont glass lift-up window
- Two triangle-vent windows
- Two sliding windows in the middle, two forced ventings in the back.
- Strengthened D-pillar
- Spare wheel carrier Ortec
- Roof carrier
- Rear ladder, sun protection, central lock.
- Self-build camping interior
- Spirit stove
- Dometic, sink with fresh and waste water,
- Multivan bench with 2 x three-point and 1 x lap belt
- Second battery with charger
- Solar cell
- Defa 220V-power inlet
- Diesel auxiliary heater Planar 2D
- Isolated interior (x-trem isolator)
- CB radio
- Air compressor
- Original tuner VW Beta
- Big map table
- Additional cigarette lighters and 3 USB-plugs.
- Luggage protection bars, upholstered door boards with nets.
Completed work and faults:
Body overhauled 2015/2016 (many photos existing) incl. conservation with penetrating oil. Probably every single part has been rebuild within the last few years: brakes, power steering, cardan shaft, shaft drives, engine works among others. Gearbox has been overhauled by the pre-owner. I have many invoices as documentation. Fresh oil and filter change.
Probably some wear parts will need rebuilding within the next 2 years again – daily business vor vanagon owners. Windscreen needs a piece of tape to be fully dry, but the frame has no rust!! Painting has some noses, and had to be re-painted on the driver’s side (stupid bush in my way!) One light of the diff-lock control is broken, but the locks are working! Digital clock missing, interior incl. cushion need cleaning.
Accessories included: rescue strap, Defa-connection cable, hand-sewn curtains, set if insulating mats, fire exstinguisher, rubber floor mats, garbage collector.
Please note: It is an old vanagon with many kilometres and pre-owners, that put him into heavy offroading. My red “Ricky” is well-maintained and cared for, but still has some dents and scratches. If you’re searching for a store of value to put into a museum he won’t make you happy: BUT if you’re into a highly equipped classic vehicles for adventures and holiday, you’re right here!