Price: £14,500.00 ONO
Contact (please contact seller directly, not CVC) : Dom on 07711036745
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: East London, UK.
Well looked-after and mechanically sound; complete service history from Jack’s Garage London since we bought it in 2013. MOT valid until 27/02/2021.
- New engine in 2004, full rebuild in 2013 – just 46,911 miles on the engine.
- New rebuilt AAN Gearbox from VW Bulli Parts Bernd Jäger fitted by Jack’s Garage in 2014, 30,000 miles since.
- New body panels (both rear wheel arches, offside side panel, offside middle inner sill and foot-wells) fitted in 2017; partial respray (some still in red oxide). Some minor rust behind front bumper and around window seals but otherwise excellent.
- New exhaust fitted in 2017.
- New main battery in 2016 and leisure battery in 2018.
- Fitted with battery isolation key and GPS tracker last year after it was stolen and then recovered – ignition lock replaced too.
- Diff-locks not operational but in-place AFAIK.
- Replaced dash for newer version with rev-counter and fitted LED illumination; new blower motor and PCB step-less control dial; main and leisure battery voltmeters fitted on dash; removable Pioneer bluetooth CD stereo with power isolation button and rear speakers (wired to leisure battery)
- On-board water tank removed to make extra under-seat storage
- Wood laminate flooring; original Autohomes interior inc fully-functioning Electrolux 3-way fridge, sink (no tap), 2 ring cooker and grill; new LED lights; 12v and USB charging point in rear; water-heater and Propex heater are in place but disconnected (I don’t know if they are operational or not).
- Rock-and-roll bed with 3 fitted seatbelts (2x 3-point and one lap-belt)
- Swivelling passenger seat
- 240v mains hook-up
- Complete set of curtains
- Spare gas canister.
This van has been a reliable and trusty friend, we have camped with two kids through France and the UK in it and have many happy memories. Starts and runs great. Storage in the hightop takes all your bedding etc and there’s loads of space for gear, even fully-loaded it will cruise happily at 65. And because it’s a Syncro it’s happy venturing off the beaten track to find wild camping spots.
The new ULEZ rules for London have forced a reluctant sale but if you’re looking for a low-mileage go-anywhere van with a young gearbox that’s in great mechanical condition with no nasty surprises waiting, this is the one for you.
Location: Swansea, UK.
Probably one of the highest spec RHD Dokas’ on the road. Selling her to fund another Syncro build. Will come with a Black Vinyl top for the rear, and 8 No’ 15″ Mefros with Maxxis Big Horn 764 tyres
Here is a link to a video of a great day off road, taken a few years ago, hope you enjoy,
Has a huge spec as listed below and believe well worth the asking figure of £17,500
- 1987 Doka, Original owner was an Electrician in Surrey who had the van from new until Sep 2010 when I bought it.
- Twin headlamp grill, very bright lights.
- Originally 1.9DG, but now 1.9TDi, AFN pushing approx. 130BHP, by Mario at MV Engineering.
- V5 still shows as Petrol so the vehicle can still go into Low emission zones like central London!!
- 15000 miles on new engine.
- 2 Diff Locks with .543 gearbox. Both working.
- Raised Suspension.
- 15” Mefros with Maxxis Big Horn 764, 8 No’ included in sale
- Extra door added to Crew cab so now a very rare 4 door RHD Syncro Doka.
- 2x 110amp batteries in treasure locker.
- Slide out draw to nearside in treasure locker
- 3x Discovery 2 seats fitted to rear cab. This gives a load area as well as three seats or maybe load and one or two seats.
- Alpine Bluetooth Stereo
- CB radio
- Central locking.
- Stainless Steel fuel tank straps done when engine conversion was installed.
- Captains seats up front, both swivel.
- Westfalia front table bracket and arm with custom table
- 2x Vindic canopy loops and black PVC soft cover.
- 3KW inverter on Anderson connector in rear cab.
- Tow bar.
- Passat speedo and rev counter set up.
- Undergone a full body restoration in 2017 and still looking good.
- Over 100 historical photos of works done since I have owned her
PRICE: £31500 ono
Location: Warrington, UK.
Contact: Jon on 07725 945523 or email@example.com
For sale, this unique, lovely freshly converted campervan.
The conversion has been based on a Highline (very high spec) 2015 long wheel base Volkswagen T5.1 (T32) with just under 114k miles, it has a full service history and is an attractive colour – Olympic Blue.
This camper is equipped with the 4 motion – four wheel drive system, upgraded volkswagen approved suspension and strong alloy wheels fitted with all terrain tyres. This camper will never leave you stranded in a muddy field, it will be very capable in reaching those perfect off the beaten path wild camp spots.
Here’s a list of all the key features of the camper:
- Austop poptop with roof bed – professionally fitted by Custom Campers in Halifax and TUV approved. A 12v led touch dimmable light is fitted.
- The gloss white interior units are complemented with oak work tops table and window surround. There is plenty of storage and has a shelf above the sink with a downlighting led strip light.
- Rib altair 112cm rear seat/bed. This is probably the best/most versatile bed on the market, very comfy too!
- It benefits from having integral inertia reel seat belts and adjustable headrests. The seat base is contoured which makes long journeys enjoyable. The bed is fully certified for crash/pull testing, why would you consider anything less?
- The bed is finished in black leather with alcantara on the rear.
- Up front, the captain drivers seat and single passenger seat have been professionally re-trimmed in leather to match the bed. The passenger seat is fitted with a sportcraft TUV approved swivel plate to make a sociable seating layout.
- Smev 9222 twin hob and sink with cold running water from an onboard container. Cooking using Calor butane gas in a 907 size bottle (isolated and regulated).
- Webasto Elegance Cruise 12V 49 litre fridge with freezer compartment.
- Planar diesel night heater with thermostatic control – perfect for year round adventures and arguably one of the best things you can fit in a camper. This complements the insulation packed into the side cavities of the camper.
- Non-slip oak effect safety flooring – very hard wearing and easy to clean.
- 12v led lighting for the living area with over bed reading light (with integrated USB charger socket).
- 110AH AGM Leisure battery with a Ring battery to battery charge control system which uses the engine the charge the leisure battery whilst on the move. The battery to battery charger will also allow the fitment of a solar panel.
- Privacy glass and black out curtains.
- 240V hook up which also charges the leisure battery and has a socket for camping essentials – hair dryer or straighteners!
- 12V USB dual socket for charging phones/tablets.
- KMC Holeshot alloy wheels and BF Goodrich All Terrain tyres, load rated and very strong not to mention awesome looking.
- Seikel upgraded and Volkswagen approved suspension. This gives you a bit more ground clearance but the road holding remains confident and doesn’t have a boaty feel unlike the cheaper lift kits.
- Air conditioning to keep those summer trips cool.
- Factory colour coded bumpers.
- 2.0 turbo diesel engine with 140bhp and mated to the 6 speed gearbox for great motorway cruising. It is euro 5 rated and has stop start technology but not the bluemotion technology that the euro 6 category vehicles have (essentially ad-blu injection).
- Multifunction leather steering wheel that allows you to access the multifunction computer, bluetooth handsfree telephone etc.
- As this is the highline model, there are a few other nice options that have been specified from the factory – Headlamp washers, HID headlamps, front fog lamps, electric windows, heated electric mirrors.
- Please come and take a look and have a brew when it’s safe to do so. I can do a video tour of the camper if required.
- MOT and a fresh service will be carried out as soon as the garages open.
Perfect for those weekend escapes, longer adventure trips, festivals or just days in the hills or at the beach.
The camper is in Warrington, Cheshire if you would like to come and take a look round.
Payment is preferred by bank transfer. Finance for campervans is available from Pegasus Finance (I am not a broker but they are a recognised, reputable finance provider).
I don’t wish to swap/trade/part exchange for anything other than a bank transfer, this sale is to fund a house purchase.
Please send an email with any questions about the camper.
Thanks for looking – keep safe.
PRICE: £21500 ono
Contact: Gareth on 07985944315 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Glasgow, UK.
I have owned this van for 5 years and have gradually modified and improved it at considerable expense. The result is a bus with modern driving characteristics, reliability, power, and the “cool” factor of a classic VW.
Originally a 2.0 air-cooled engine was fitted, but even with twin Dellorto cars it became clear that there was insufficient power to keep up with modern traffic. I considered a 2.0 Subaru engine initially, but research concluded that the extra power and refinement of the flat six boxer engine would be optimal. I was lucky to discover an engine with only 7000 miles powering a Subaru Outback at a Subaru specialist in Chesterfield, and snapped that up for the conversion.
All conversion and mechanical work has been done professionally by Robert McKenna at V-Worx in Ayr. The van is completely rust free, and everything works as it should. It is left hand drive, as all genuine Westies of this vintage are.
A summary of the work done follows:
- Subaru 3.0 H6 engine (208bhp), with custom fabricated and powder coated engine support bars, header tank, and custom stainless steel exhaust.
- The van is serviced annually, with oil and filter changes performed regardless of mileage, which averages 2000 miles per year.
- New radiator and piping to convert to water cooled configuration.
- New petrol tank and pipework.
- TY756 6-speed gearbox sourced from a low mileage Subaru 2.0tdi with a 4.44 final drive ratio, and flipped with Subaru gears components.
- Larger diameter front disc brakes, and rear disc conversion. A more powerful servo and T4 brake system has been installed.
- 1.5″ GoWesty lift springs and new dampers from CVC. New ball joints and all worn suspension bushes replaced.
- 15 inch Mefro steel wheels from CVC with all-terrain tyres
- Westfalia towbar with electrics.
- New half shafts and CV joints.
- Electric power steering conversion by Lite-Steer.
- Externally, there is no rust whatsoever. The vulnerable parts have been professionally rust proofed by Preserve and Protect in Johnstone. Wheel arch liners and VW mud flaps have been fitted.
- Syncro truck wing mirrors have been fitted to replace the inadequate stock mirrors.
- Seating for five. Sleeps 4 people.
- 3-way Electrolux fridge (works on Lpg, 12v, or mains power). I replaced the noisy original cooling fan with a virtually silent computer fan.
- Propex Lpg powered blown-air interior heating.
- CVC pop-top lift assist struts, to allow effortless elevation even with load bars fitted.
- Artificial rain gutters fitted to pop-top and Thule bars included.
- 270 Fiamma F35 Pro pull-out awning included in sale (removed for winter)
- Vango Airbeam driveway awning included in sale.
- Mains leads, and levelling blocks included. CVC pop-top thermal wrap, and window thermal blinds included.
- Alpine stereo with Bluetooth hands free calling.
- CVC Solar powered extractor fan in skylight.
PRICE: £12,000 (NOW £9.999 ono)
Contact: Matt on 07801069500 or email@example.com
Location: Betchworth, Surrey, UK.
For sale is my beloved Jennifer, a 1988 VW T25 Westfalia Joker Campervan. She is originally from Germany but has travelled all over Europe, in fact shes been to almost every country, even Athens in Greece!
She’s a 1.6 Turbo Diesel Water Cooled 4 berth Campervan.
She’s all original down to the upholstery, paintwork and stickers.
She is a standard ‘Joker’ spec with some extras which include:
- ISRI Captain swivel seats with arm rests.
- Front table.
- Rear table.
- Sliding side window (which is great for serving tea to fellow campers).
- Kitchen Opening Window.
- Box seat with cushion (great storage).
- Omnistor 3m awning.
- 3 point seat belts for rear seats (which converts to the rock ‘n’ roll double bed).
- Double bed in the roof.
- Sink with running water.
- Two Ring Gas Hob
- Fridge (Electric, Gas, Battery).
- Electric hook-up.
- Sony stereo with CD, radio, USB for iPod connection.
- Eberspacher heater
- Brand new leisure battery.
- Loads of storage.
- Original First Aid Kit (unopened).
- Loads of accessories.
Little things to do in the future:
- She is very solid but being a 30 year old VW Campervan there are little rust patches around the normal places; the key holes and the fuel tank, but nothing major.
- She has had over £5000 worth of bodywork done in the last couple of years. She is a very solid van.
- There is a crack in the high top front skylight window but hasn’t caused any problems. This can be replaced easily if needed.
- The rear hatch door has a couple of dents on it where a bike rack used to be but again it’s nothing major.
- The rear window is cracked but I have a replacement window from Gunzel still in the box that I will throw in for free. I also have a Brand new in box Fiamma 3 Bike Rack that can be purchased off me
She was serviced this year with a new cam belt and has an MOT until Sep 2020. She has a Gas Safety Certificate until July 2020.
She has 128000 miles on the clock.
Loads of service history and receipts going back to 1988!
18,000 EUR NOW 17,000 EUR
Contact Janine by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Based in the Berlin area, Germany – international shipping can be organised.
Engine & Exterior
- Exchange engine 1.9 TD (AAZ)
- Mileage approx. 250.000 kilometres. Body has 392.000 kilometres
- Permanent 4-wheel-drive, difflock front and back.
- Power steering.
- All-terrain tyes 225/75 R16 (Goodyear AT Wrangler) on Mefro steel wheels.
- Lifted body
- Old-Man-Emu shock absorbers
- Additional oil cooler
- Tuned injection pump
- Zyklon- air filter
- Rev counter
- Boost pressure display
- Fire-extinguishing system above engine
- Battery separator
- Swedish radiator grille
- Taifun, work lights, cross-hair beams
- Truck mirrors, additional wide-angle mirrors
- Farmont glass lift-up window
- Two triangle-vent windows
- Two sliding windows in the middle, two forced ventings in the back.
- Strengthened D-pillar
- Spare wheel carrier Ortec
- Roof carrier
- Rear ladder, sun protection, central lock.
- Self-build camping interior
- Spirit stove
- Dometic, sink with fresh and waste water,
- Multivan bench with 2 x three-point and 1 x lap belt
- Second battery with charger
- Solar cell
- Defa 220V-power inlet
- Diesel auxiliary heater Planar 2D
- Isolated interior (x-trem isolator)
- CB radio
- Air compressor
- Original tuner VW Beta
- Big map table
- Additional cigarette lighters and 3 USB-plugs.
- Luggage protection bars, upholstered door boards with nets.
Completed work and faults:
Body overhauled 2015/2016 (many photos existing) incl. conservation with penetrating oil. Probably every single part has been rebuild within the last few years: brakes, power steering, cardan shaft, shaft drives, engine works among others. Gearbox has been overhauled by the pre-owner. I have many invoices as documentation. Fresh oil and filter change.
Probably some wear parts will need rebuilding within the next 2 years again – daily business vor vanagon owners. Windscreen needs a piece of tape to be fully dry, but the frame has no rust!! Painting has some noses, and had to be re-painted on the driver’s side (stupid bush in my way!) One light of the diff-lock control is broken, but the locks are working! Digital clock missing, interior incl. cushion need cleaning.
Accessories included: rescue strap, Defa-connection cable, hand-sewn curtains, set if insulating mats, fire exstinguisher, rubber floor mats, garbage collector.
Please note: It is an old vanagon with many kilometres and pre-owners, that put him into heavy offroading. My red “Ricky” is well-maintained and cared for, but still has some dents and scratches. If you’re searching for a store of value to put into a museum he won’t make you happy: BUT if you’re into a highly equipped classic vehicles for adventures and holiday, you’re right here!
14″ Syncro with 16″ wheels & original 2.1cc DJ engine.
£21,000 reduced to £17995 NOW £15995
Contact Mike on 07886 033979 or email@example.com
Based in East Hampshire, UK
Originally used by the Swedish air force until decommissioned and brought over to the UK in August 2006 & sold by FBI Volkswagen Services in Swansea to the previous owner in April 2007, after which I purchased it in December 2013.
Initially it was used by the previous owner in its original 2 tone blue and seven seat state for a couple of years before being fitted with a genuine Westfalia interior and elevating roof from O’Connors Campers. It was then subsequently re-sprayed (poorly) by the previous owner in the lighter of the original 2 tone colour of Capri blue around 2009.
When I originally purchased this Syncro I regularly drove it once a week or so for my 50 mile round trip commute to work all year round with the occasional 400+ mile round trips a couple of times a year. My circumstances, not unsurprisingly have changed over the years and this is the vehicle I use the least so I cannot justify keeping it. I have kept it in very good mechanical condition with parts & garage receipts to prove. The bodywork would benefit from some work as it isn’t perfect by any means, however it is in a perfectly usable state.
MOT with no advisories until July 2020.
Approximately 245,000 kilometers.
Correctly registered as a Motor Caravan on V5.
Fitted with the original 2.1cc DJ petrol injection and runs without fault with gearbox VC & rear diff lock in full working order. It has recently been serviced & MOT’d in June 2019 by a VW classic specialist.
Summary of work since owned:
- Exhaust 1-3 manifold & knuckle joint replaced with stainless steel items (system is now all stainless with the exception of 2-4 manifold) (June 2018).
- Coolant system flushed & refilled with VW G13 at same time as above exhaust work done because the intermediate pipe water pump to thermostat housing was replaced as a cautionary measure due to corrosion (June 2018).
- Oil pressure switch at rear of engine replaced whilst exhaust was off to cure a minor oil leak (June 2018).
- Power steering system drained, flushed & refilled with correct vw spec power steering fluid (June 2018). There is no issue with the power steering, this was changed because I had no record of it ever being done.
- Gearbox oil drained, differential and pinion head inspected with borescope showing no damage to pinion head or crown wheel. Minimal metal fluff build up on magnetic pick up & gearbox refilled with GL4 spec oil (June 2018). Again no issue with gearbox, however I had no record of it ever being done.
- Front & rear brakes cleaned & serviced (June 2018).
- New starter battery with 5yr warranty (July 2017).
- Full service (oil, oil & air filters, spark plugs, distributor rotor arm & cap, both v belts (Sept 2015).
- Front wheel bearings replaced (Sept 2015).
- Fuel hoses replaced (Sept 2015).
- Coolant system was flushed & refilled with VW G13 (Sept 2015). Replaced due to no record of being done previously.
- Handbrake cables replaced (Sept 2015).
- Water pump replaced (due to failure whilst on holiday), oil change & fan belt (Oct 2014)
- Oil & filter service (June 2014).
- Front suspension Powerflex poly bush kit installed (June 2014). Purchased via a ‘Club 80-90’ Forum group buy offer.
- Rear gear change bush, joint & cup replaced (June 2014).
- Fan blower motor replaced (Jan 2014).
The following has been fitted (from new, previous owner or myself):
- 16” Mercedes ML wheels with 235/65R16 tyres (Toyo Open Country) in excellent condition.
- Longer studs to front and back hubs to cater for 20mm spacers.
- Swing out spare wheel carrier.
- Hydraulic power steering fitted with new steering rack, pipes etc which makes the van a joy to drive.
- Elevating roof was fitted with extra heavy ‘sail cloth’ as opposed to the standard lighter canvas.
- Original Westfalia rock and roll bed (fantastically comfortable) with storage underneath.
- Original Westfalia cupboards, sink with pump, 3-way fridge (runs off gas, mains electric or leisure battery) double burner hob.
- Very rare buddy seat behind front passenger seat which folds and unclips in seconds
- 2 swivel tables (not Westfalia).
- Factory fitted rear heating system (under rear seat) and a Eberspacher water heater and timer which warms the engine water prior to starting. This failed to operate until I replaced the fuel pump a couple of years ago, however again it is failing to ignite.
- Syncro truck door mirrors.
- Access ladder fitted on rear door.
- Bosch driving lights.
- Steel light grills over front & rear indicators/lights
- Sliding side windows.
- Just Kampers dash tidy.
- Floor heating ducting (from front cab to rear)
- Curtains on ‘Silent Gliss’ rails
- Heavy duty flooring.
- Nato style tow hitch with 3 hitch options.
- Chrome front and rear GL Spec bumpers.
- Stainless Steel back box, intermediate pipe.
- Heavy duty rubber mats fitted in front footwells.
- Includes original VW instruction manual in original folder.
Contact Ian on 07761 028 018 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Based in Warlingham CR6, UK.
14″ Syncro (converted to 16″) with 1.9 PD engine.
Well preserved as it’s only been on the road for four or five years. Much work was carried out by a series of enthusiasts during the last twenty-three years and now it’s back on the road.
- First all the 16″ parts were removed from a crashed 16″ and put on this 14″. They never made a 16″ RHD so it cannot be passed off as one.
- Gearbox rebuilt by Aidan Talbot – uprated third and fourth gear pairs, oil baffles, de-coupler and new shims, washers and bearings.
- Those are original alloy wheels – not the copies and there are five of them.
- The engine was fitted with a Eurospares kit from California. This includes a metal box and hatch to accommodate the engine at the angle it is supposed to run at.
- The engine itself has very low milage (300 miles when installed).
- New springs all round.
- Original power steering setup with transmission fluid and a pump on the engine.
- The intake cooler is in the void behind the rear left light with a little perspex window.
- The bars and covers on the popup roof have been powder coated and the canvas was new – still never been used.
- I think the seats are special Synchro seats – they have a more bucket shape.
The owners says:
I’m having to sell it! My poor – NOT original 16″ Syncro. It was originally a 14″ Syncro panel van made in 1992. One of the first owners (there have been four before me) grafted on the Westfalia roof and did all he could to make it into a 16″ – he already had a crashed 16″ so transferred all the 16″ parts of which there is a long list. Then he welded on all the plates for strengthening under and inside.
I don’t know how long this took him but from what I have heard it was four or five years that it was in a warm garage having all this done to it.
Then in 2001 my friend Trevor bought it from him. He ran a VW garage so it was in a nice warm dry garage and stripped the van down replacing and powder-coating parts as needed. It took him fifteen years to get it to the point where I bought it from him – still in pieces. It had been there for 15 years.
I was lucky that Darren Watkins of Wedgies Workshop, Newton Abbot was available at this point because he’s done a very nice job of fitting the new PD 1.9 engine and finishing it all off.
I have just recently got it back from him – but I have to sell it now.
It was with Darren for three years so out of the 26 years since it was first registered it has spent 23 years off road – in various garages so has only been in use for three or four years.
So… The gearbox was stripped down and rebuilt by Aiden Talbot so there’s all his paperwork to show what he did. This includes upgraded gear-pairs for third and fourth gears, oil baffles, decoupler and new for old seals and bearings. – He’s the man!
The engine was taken from a crashed Passat with delivery miles only and since then, apart from test runs, it’s only come up to Surrey from Newton Abbot and is showing 600 miles on the clock. The engine is fitted using a Eurospares kit from California fitted at the angle it’s supposed to be at. The kit includes a metal shelf with a hatch for the additional height. Darren put this on a strut so it stays up when you need it to.
It has new springs all round and those wheels – there are five of them. I don’t like them much but I’m told they are quite sought after. They are remaking them now. – copies.
It has the original power steering set-up with transmission fluid and a pump on the engine. The intake-cooler rad is in the void behind the left rear light with a little perspex window. The tyres are quite old now but they have plenty of tread.
The bars and covers on the popup roof were powder coated the canvas was new – never been used. I think the seats are special Syncro seats (Dan’s note: they’re ISRI seats). They have a more bucket shape – so you don’t fall out I guess.