18,000 EUR NOW 17,000 EUR
Contact Janine by email on email@example.com
Based in the Berlin area, Germany – international shipping can be organised.
Engine & Exterior
- Exchange engine 1.9 TD (AAZ)
- Mileage approx. 250.000 kilometres. Body has 392.000 kilometres
- Permanent 4-wheel-drive, difflock front and back.
- Power steering.
- All-terrain tyes 225/75 R16 (Goodyear AT Wrangler) on Mefro steel wheels.
- Lifted body
- Old-Man-Emu shock absorbers
- Additional oil cooler
- Tuned injection pump
- Zyklon- air filter
- Rev counter
- Boost pressure display
- Fire-extinguishing system above engine
- Battery separator
- Swedish radiator grille
- Taifun, work lights, cross-hair beams
- Truck mirrors, additional wide-angle mirrors
- Farmont glass lift-up window
- Two triangle-vent windows
- Two sliding windows in the middle, two forced ventings in the back.
- Strengthened D-pillar
- Spare wheel carrier Ortec
- Roof carrier
- Rear ladder, sun protection, central lock.
- Self-build camping interior
- Spirit stove
- Dometic, sink with fresh and waste water,
- Multivan bench with 2 x three-point and 1 x lap belt
- Second battery with charger
- Solar cell
- Defa 220V-power inlet
- Diesel auxiliary heater Planar 2D
- Isolated interior (x-trem isolator)
- CB radio
- Air compressor
- Original tuner VW Beta
- Big map table
- Additional cigarette lighters and 3 USB-plugs.
- Luggage protection bars, upholstered door boards with nets.
Completed work and faults:
Body overhauled 2015/2016 (many photos existing) incl. conservation with penetrating oil. Probably every single part has been rebuild within the last few years: brakes, power steering, cardan shaft, shaft drives, engine works among others. Gearbox has been overhauled by the pre-owner. I have many invoices as documentation. Fresh oil and filter change.
Probably some wear parts will need rebuilding within the next 2 years again – daily business vor vanagon owners. Windscreen needs a piece of tape to be fully dry, but the frame has no rust!! Painting has some noses, and had to be re-painted on the driver’s side (stupid bush in my way!) One light of the diff-lock control is broken, but the locks are working! Digital clock missing, interior incl. cushion need cleaning.
Accessories included: rescue strap, Defa-connection cable, hand-sewn curtains, set if insulating mats, fire exstinguisher, rubber floor mats, garbage collector.
Please note: It is an old vanagon with many kilometres and pre-owners, that put him into heavy offroading. My red “Ricky” is well-maintained and cared for, but still has some dents and scratches. If you’re searching for a store of value to put into a museum he won’t make you happy: BUT if you’re into a highly equipped classic vehicles for adventures and holiday, you’re right here!
14″ Syncro with 16″ wheels & original 2.1cc DJ engine.
£21,000 reduced to £19,750
Contact Mike on 07886 033979 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Based in East Hampshire, UK
Originally used by the Swedish air force until decommissioned and brought over to the UK in August 2006 & sold by FBI Volkswagen Services in Swansea to the previous owner in April 2007, after which I purchased it in December 2013.
Initially it was used by the previous owner in its original 2 tone blue and seven seat state for a couple of years before being fitted with a genuine Westfalia interior and elevating roof from O’Connors Campers. It was then subsequently re-sprayed (poorly) by the previous owner in the lighter of the original 2 tone colour of Capri blue around 2009.
When I originally purchased this Syncro I regularly drove it once a week or so for my 50 mile round trip commute to work all year round with the occasional 400+ mile round trips a couple of times a year. My circumstances, not unsurprisingly have changed over the years and this is the vehicle I use the least so I cannot justify keeping it. I have kept it in very good mechanical condition with parts & garage receipts to prove. The bodywork would benefit from some work as it isn’t perfect by any means, however it is in a perfectly usable state.
MOT with no advisories until July 2020.
Approximately 245,000 kilometers.
Correctly registered as a Motor Caravan on V5.
Fitted with the original 2.1cc DJ petrol injection and runs without fault with gearbox VC & rear diff lock in full working order. It has recently been serviced & MOT’d in June 2019 by a VW classic specialist.
Summary of work since owned:
- Exhaust 1-3 manifold & knuckle joint replaced with stainless steel items (system is now all stainless with the exception of 2-4 manifold) (June 2018).
- Coolant system flushed & refilled with VW G13 at same time as above exhaust work done because the intermediate pipe water pump to thermostat housing was replaced as a cautionary measure due to corrosion (June 2018).
- Oil pressure switch at rear of engine replaced whilst exhaust was off to cure a minor oil leak (June 2018).
- Power steering system drained, flushed & refilled with correct vw spec power steering fluid (June 2018). There is no issue with the power steering, this was changed because I had no record of it ever being done.
- Gearbox oil drained, differential and pinion head inspected with borescope showing no damage to pinion head or crown wheel. Minimal metal fluff build up on magnetic pick up & gearbox refilled with GL4 spec oil (June 2018). Again no issue with gearbox, however I had no record of it ever being done.
- Front & rear brakes cleaned & serviced (June 2018).
- New starter battery with 5yr warranty (July 2017).
- Full service (oil, oil & air filters, spark plugs, distributor rotor arm & cap, both v belts (Sept 2015).
- Front wheel bearings replaced (Sept 2015).
- Fuel hoses replaced (Sept 2015).
- Coolant system was flushed & refilled with VW G13 (Sept 2015). Replaced due to no record of being done previously.
- Handbrake cables replaced (Sept 2015).
- Water pump replaced (due to failure whilst on holiday), oil change & fan belt (Oct 2014)
- Oil & filter service (June 2014).
- Front suspension Powerflex poly bush kit installed (June 2014). Purchased via a ‘Club 80-90’ Forum group buy offer.
- Rear gear change bush, joint & cup replaced (June 2014).
- Fan blower motor replaced (Jan 2014).
The following has been fitted (from new, previous owner or myself):
- 16” Mercedes ML wheels with 235/65R16 tyres (Toyo Open Country) in excellent condition.
- Longer studs to front and back hubs to cater for 20mm spacers.
- Swing out spare wheel carrier.
- Hydraulic power steering fitted with new steering rack, pipes etc which makes the van a joy to drive.
- Elevating roof was fitted with extra heavy ‘sail cloth’ as opposed to the standard lighter canvas.
- Original Westfalia rock and roll bed (fantastically comfortable) with storage underneath.
- Original Westfalia cupboards, sink with pump, 3-way fridge (runs off gas, mains electric or leisure battery) double burner hob.
- Very rare buddy seat behind front passenger seat which folds and unclips in seconds
- 2 swivel tables (not Westfalia).
- Factory fitted rear heating system (under rear seat) and a Eberspacher water heater and timer which warms the engine water prior to starting. This failed to operate until I replaced the fuel pump a couple of years ago, however again it is failing to ignite.
- Syncro truck door mirrors.
- Access ladder fitted on rear door.
- Bosch driving lights.
- Steel light grills over front & rear indicators/lights
- Sliding side windows.
- Just Kampers dash tidy.
- Floor heating ducting (from front cab to rear)
- Curtains on ‘Silent Gliss’ rails
- Heavy duty flooring.
- Nato style tow hitch with 3 hitch options.
- Chrome front and rear GL Spec bumpers.
- Stainless Steel back box, intermediate pipe.
- Heavy duty rubber mats fitted in front footwells.
- Includes original VW instruction manual in original folder.
Contact Ian on 07761 028 018 or email@example.com
Based in Warlingham CR6, UK.
14″ Syncro (converted to 16″) with 1.9 PD engine.
Well preserved as it’s only been on the road for four or five years. Much work was carried out by a series of enthusiasts during the last twenty-three years and now it’s back on the road.
- First all the 16″ parts were removed from a crashed 16″ and put on this 14″. They never made a 16″ RHD so it cannot be passed off as one.
- Gearbox rebuilt by Aidan Talbot – uprated third and fourth gear pairs, oil baffles, de-coupler and new shims, washers and bearings.
- Those are original alloy wheels – not the copies and there are five of them.
- The engine was fitted with a Eurospares kit from California. This includes a metal box and hatch to accommodate the engine at the angle it is supposed to run at.
- The engine itself has very low milage (300 miles when installed).
- New springs all round.
- Original power steering setup with transmission fluid and a pump on the engine.
- The intake cooler is in the void behind the rear left light with a little perspex window.
- The bars and covers on the popup roof have been powder coated and the canvas was new – still never been used.
- I think the seats are special Synchro seats – they have a more bucket shape.
The owners says:
I’m having to sell it! My poor – NOT original 16″ Syncro. It was originally a 14″ Syncro panel van made in 1992. One of the first owners (there have been four before me) grafted on the Westfalia roof and did all he could to make it into a 16″ – he already had a crashed 16″ so transferred all the 16″ parts of which there is a long list. Then he welded on all the plates for strengthening under and inside.
I don’t know how long this took him but from what I have heard it was four or five years that it was in a warm garage having all this done to it.
Then in 2001 my friend Trevor bought it from him. He ran a VW garage so it was in a nice warm dry garage and stripped the van down replacing and powder-coating parts as needed. It took him fifteen years to get it to the point where I bought it from him – still in pieces. It had been there for 15 years.
I was lucky that Darren Watkins of Wedgies Workshop, Newton Abbot was available at this point because he’s done a very nice job of fitting the new PD 1.9 engine and finishing it all off.
I have just recently got it back from him – but I have to sell it now.
It was with Darren for three years so out of the 26 years since it was first registered it has spent 23 years off road – in various garages so has only been in use for three or four years.
So… The gearbox was stripped down and rebuilt by Aiden Talbot so there’s all his paperwork to show what he did. This includes upgraded gear-pairs for third and fourth gears, oil baffles, decoupler and new for old seals and bearings. – He’s the man!
The engine was taken from a crashed Passat with delivery miles only and since then, apart from test runs, it’s only come up to Surrey from Newton Abbot and is showing 600 miles on the clock. The engine is fitted using a Eurospares kit from California fitted at the angle it’s supposed to be at. The kit includes a metal shelf with a hatch for the additional height. Darren put this on a strut so it stays up when you need it to.
It has new springs all round and those wheels – there are five of them. I don’t like them much but I’m told they are quite sought after. They are remaking them now. – copies.
It has the original power steering set-up with transmission fluid and a pump on the engine. The intake-cooler rad is in the void behind the left rear light with a little perspex window. The tyres are quite old now but they have plenty of tread.
The bars and covers on the popup roof were powder coated the canvas was new – never been used. I think the seats are special Syncro seats (Dan’s note: they’re ISRI seats). They have a more bucket shape – so you don’t fall out I guess.
Tel: 07792 981539 (telephone enquires only)
Mint Vanagon Westfalia California loaded full of GoWesty upgrades and a fortune spent on restoration of bodywork, suspension, engine and chassis with Dinitrol protection. This Vanagon is a rare JDX Turbo Diesel with Auto Transmission Hall B factory special order. A T25 Westfalia for the SERIOUS Enthusiast. Maintained in concours condition throughout complete with carefully considered camping equipment.
Full photographic record of restoration work and supporting paperwork. If your looking for a top quality Vanagon configured for all year round camping and touring this is one of the best outside of the United States. Must be seen to be appreciated.
As of this summer CVC are very happy to announce our partnership with Classic Line insurance. Both Jed’s Syncro Westfalia and Dan’s 2WD Westy are now fully covered, as well as having the security of an agreed valuation (an essential in our eyes) via Classic Line. You’ll start seeing their name pop up in our videos and newsletters and well as leaflets in your orders etc, along with the odd competition or two for good measure. If your insurance is due soon we suggest you check them out.
It’s that time again to get your submissions in for the second CVC calendar! Photos need to have been taken at some point in 2018, be horizontal and high resolution, and with just your van and mother nature (let’s leave those pesky humans out of them). Please email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include van year/model and where the photo was taken, plus any other interesting details. Get snapping!
Deadline is November 4. Those chosen receive a free calendar.
Campervan Culture 2018 Calendar from CampervanCulture.com on Vimeo.
Who is going to Busfest 2018? *BIG NEWS*
Before we give you all the lowdown on the show please read the following. We will only be bringing limited stock to the show this year. So if you would like anything delivered to you at BusFest (or the Adventure Overland show) please place an order through the webshop and choose “For Local Pick-up” as the delivery option. Finally just add an order note specifying that you would like to collect at the festival.
Listen up ya’ll.. CVC will be there, inside The Avon Hall supporting ‘Well Travelled Transporters’. This year for us will be a little different as we will not be setting up shop for trading on the same scale as previous years. The reason for this is that when we are 3 people deep and constantly serving people we don’t get a chance to speak with you. We don’t want you to be kind enough to come and speak with us and us not being able to give you any of our time. You will be able to pre order though and we can bring your gear to the show with free shipping and will have some stuff with us for you to buy and take away on the day. That said we have a lot on offer this year.. We are currently two thirds of the way through our Transylvania trip and this will be the first official reveal of The Managon. You have a chance to ask all about it, get in it, get under it.. Hell you can even get on top of it if you like! You want to build something like it? Just ask.. all the info and knowledge we have put together on this build is yours, just bring a note pad and scribble down the answers. See The CVC 2WD Adventure Camper now it has been fully restored and newly equipped ready for adventure. Meet Canadian Vanlifers Live.Travel.Play and ask them anything about their van and their 3 years travelling around the world. Meet Westfalia Digital Nomads the makers of the famous ‘Vanlifers’ movie ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRQamLSFTy0 ) these people really do inspire and are a must see. Meet Tom Dibb talented musician and all round nice guy who drove his VW T25 camper Pickle from the UK to Australia. He has so many interesting things to say we couldn’t even start to mention them in this post. We might even get treated to a mini gig
😉 Meet ChefCampers.com who have just sold or given away everything they have (including their house!) and are just now starting a new life travelling the world searching out culennary sensations from other cultures as well as adventure in their VW T25 California Syncro. There will be even more people and well travelled VW Transporter vans to meet in the is area but this is just a little heads up of a taste of things to come.
With the Westy Bravo, the valuable, under utilized space on the rearmost panel of your Westfalia wardrobe cabinet becomes a practical, well organized and even beautiful storage space.
Offering 3 flap-top, snap close pockets and 16 3D patterned open tool slots, there’s space for everything you need, conveniently next to the engine bay where easy tool access is most helpful.
Made of high quality ‘Crazy Horse’ saddle leather that only gets better with age, the Westy Bravo features heavy duty stitching, reinforced, riveted corners, durable construction and two colors to complement the standard brown and grey Westfalia interiors.
A bold and functional organizer for the rearmost face of the Volkswagen T3/T25 Vanagon Westfalia cabinet.
- Premier quality saddle leather, aka: ‘Crazy Horse’.
- Designed to take a beating and always look great!
- Hand-crafted in Mexico
- Heavy-duty stitching
- Reinforced and riveted corners
- Built to last!
We have very limited stock of these available in grey and brow. Buy yours here.
We will be closed between December 23 and January 7 (reopening Monday January 8).
Yes, we will all be taking a well earned break over the Christmas and New Year period to spend some time with our respective families (and hopefully get some much needed camping time squeezed in).
We will be keeping the webshop open during this time, so you can still while away the drunken hours on Boxing Day buying yourself the “gifts” you’d been hoping to get for Christmas, but didn’t 😉
Any orders placed during this time will be dispatched the week commencing January 8.
The phones and email will be off with all correspondence being dealt with on our return.
May we just take this opportunity to thank you all for your support over the last year. We really do appreciate it!!
Have a very Happy Christmas and New Year. Jed, Dan and Lou.
Who would have thought this would ever be available..
Through CVC, brand new VW T25-T3-Vanagon H4 Square Headlight kits for both LHD and yes…. RHD! Complete with brand new backing plates and adjuster screws and tips.
This is not a wind up, and also get this… Brand new grilles with or without badge.
The headlight prototypes have been running around the UK for a good while now under top secret conditions (actually not really, they have been on full view the whole time but they are that good nobody noticed 😉 ) and production has been underway and due to land with us at CVC ready to ship out at the end of January 2018. Stock will be limited so we are giving you the unique opportunity to pre order a set.
Remember USA customers who spend under $799 don’t pay import duty if they buy from us and you don’t pay the UK VAT at 20% so this is especially amazing for you guys even before you consider the epic exchange rate you get just now.
UK you still get an amazing deal and a chance to own what has been up until now the holy grail of VW T25 parts.
On the continent? You guys get a excellent exchange rate with the Euro v Pound right now too and we give good shipping rates.
If you would like to take advantage of the pre order cost please order via this product category page, https://campervanculture.com/product-catego…/vehicle-parts/…/
There are only so many that are being produced so don’t miss out. Oh, and you might want to tag your friends in this to share the love so they don’t miss out too.
If you have any questions or queries drop us an email.
Please note that the headlight image is for illustrative purposes only.