Price: £14,500.00 ONO
Location: East London, UK.
Well looked-after and mechanically sound; complete service history from Jack’s Garage London since we bought it in 2013. MOT valid until 27/02/2021.
- New engine in 2004, full rebuild in 2013 – just 46,911 miles on the engine.
- New rebuilt AAN Gearbox from VW Bulli Parts Bernd Jäger fitted by Jack’s Garage in 2014, 30,000 miles since.
- New body panels (both rear wheel arches, offside side panel, offside middle inner sill and foot-wells) fitted in 2017; partial respray (some still in red oxide). Some minor rust behind front bumper and around window seals but otherwise excellent.
- New exhaust fitted in 2017.
- New main battery in 2016 and leisure battery in 2018.
- Fitted with battery isolation key and GPS tracker last year after it was stolen and then recovered – ignition lock replaced too.
- Diff-locks not operational but in-place AFAIK.
- Replaced dash for newer version with rev-counter and fitted LED illumination; new blower motor and PCB step-less control dial; main and leisure battery voltmeters fitted on dash; removable Pioneer bluetooth CD stereo with power isolation button and rear speakers (wired to leisure battery)
- On-board water tank removed to make extra under-seat storage
- Wood laminate flooring; original Autohomes interior inc fully-functioning Electrolux 3-way fridge, sink (no tap), 2 ring cooker and grill; new LED lights; 12v and USB charging point in rear; water-heater and Propex heater are in place but disconnected (I don’t know if they are operational or not).
- Rock-and-roll bed with 3 fitted seatbelts (2x 3-point and one lap-belt)
- Swivelling passenger seat
- 240v mains hook-up
- Complete set of curtains
- Spare gas canister.
This van has been a reliable and trusty friend, we have camped with two kids through France and the UK in it and have many happy memories. Starts and runs great. Storage in the hightop takes all your bedding etc and there’s loads of space for gear, even fully-loaded it will cruise happily at 65. And because it’s a Syncro it’s happy venturing off the beaten track to find wild camping spots.
The new ULEZ rules for London have forced a reluctant sale but if you’re looking for a low-mileage go-anywhere van with a young gearbox that’s in great mechanical condition with no nasty surprises waiting, this is the one for you.