Location: London, UK.
Welcome to our beloved van JJ who (through no fault of his own) is looking for a new home. He is a 1985 Volkswagen t25 WESTFALIA JOKER pop top. 4 berth. 5 speed. LHD.
JJ was original a 1.6 engine but in 2015 he had a 1.9 TDI engine conversion which was taken from a 1996 VW Golf which ONLY HAD 29,836 MILES on the clock. We felt so lucky to have found such an incredible donor engine – and it has not let us down. We have photos of the donor engine, mileage and paperwork to prove the goods. Despite purchasing and having the wiring loom completed by SYNCRO-ANDY, we decided to stick with the mechanical TDI, rather than electrical, but the loom is supplied and ready to fit if the new owner so wishes. We have since done 19,625km which is roughly 12.5k Miles in 5 years on top of the original mileage. This mileage may go up slightly as is still used.
JJ has been a part of our family since early 2014. After initially owning a 78’ bay, it was time for more space as our son was growing up fast, and boy does the t25 give you that space! We initially bought JJ as an interim van, thinking we would only have him for a year or so, but we fell hard and fast in love and he has been with us for almost 7 years now. In this time, JJ has taken us yearly (sometimes up to 3 times yearly) down to Cornwall and never let us down. For us, that is a 600 mile round trip. Yes he’s heavy, yes he’s old – but he is an absolute tank and always delivers. We have had so many adventures in JJ around the country and never felt he would let us down. We went to the Peak District in the middle of winter and the Winter Pack Eberspacher Heater was a complete godsend. We were toasty and warm and the cold wasn’t an issue at all. The van has 5 fitted seat belts (3 3pt, 2 lap) which has come in handy for taking our son and his mates away too. JJ has been a great van for many family adventures.
This is a LHD and lived a lot of his life in Germany and France until 2008 before coming to the UK. Huge amounts of paperwork and history throughout.
We have had the van checked yearly (on top of any MOTs or maintenance/upgrades) before any long distance travels, and have had the van looked at before listing to sell. This has resulted in us getting a small piece of welding done on the passenger side door before wanting to sell this to anybody. MOT until Nov 2020. ONLY 2 FORMER KEEPERS.
- 2015 Engine conversion – VolksFarmers
- 2015 Cam belt
- 2016 Wiring loom SYNCRO ANDY – purchased but not fitted.
- 2016 Intercooler fitted.
- 2016 Respray.
- 2016 Alloy wheel upgrade.
- 2017 LED light upgrade completed at CamperVanCulture HQ.
- 2017 Exterior air filter fitted for more space in the engine bay.
- 2017 New alternator.
- 2017 Accelerator cable.
- 2017 New insulation wrap fitted behind all door cards.
- 2018 New leisure and main battery.
- 2018 New glow plugs
- 2019 Oil change.
- 2019 New turbo.
- 2020 New Fuel Gauge
Standard features & Add-ons:
- Winter pack. (Eberspacher heater & double glazed windows).
- Full width bed up top.
- 3/4 bed downstairs.
- 5 seat belts. 3 3point, 2 lap belts.
- Twin hob cooker.
- 240 hook up.
- Truck mirrors.
- Headlight Grills.
- Cab door air vents.
- Rail for awning.
- Comes with full set of interior thermals.
- Exterior pop top thermal wrap.
- Paulchen bike rack.
- Fire extinguisher fitted inside main area
- Spare paint from respray with code
Small bits to finish:
- JJ is very solid throughout but does have some mild seam rash in the usual places and around fuel fill-up. These are nothing major and there is left-over paint to complete this.
- The pop-top canvas is original and could be replaced Although it has no visible holes and works perfectly fine.
- Sliding door double glazed window is cracked but not holey, and like I mentioned, this did not effect our warmth in the Peak District in the middle of winter.
Very reluctant sale, selling due to taking on a sprinter conversion. We have a lot of love for JJ and really want him to go to the right home.