14″ Syncro with 16″ wheels & original 2.1cc DJ engine.
Contact Mike on 07886 033979 or email@example.com
Based in East Hampshire, UK
Originally used by the Swedish air force until decommissioned and brought over to the UK in August 2006 & sold by FBI Volkswagen Services in Swansea to the previous owner in April 2007, after which I purchased it in December 2013.
Initially it was used by the previous owner in its original 2 tone blue and seven seat state for a couple of years before being fitted with a genuine Westfalia interior and elevating roof from O’Connors Campers. It was then subsequently re-sprayed (poorly) by the previous owner in the lighter of the original 2 tone colour of Capri blue around 2009.
When I originally purchased this Syncro I regularly drove it once a week or so for my 50 mile round trip commute to work all year round with the occasional 400+ mile round trips a couple of times a year. My circumstances, not unsurprisingly have changed over the years and this is the vehicle I use the least so I cannot justify keeping it. I have kept it in very good mechanical condition with parts & garage receipts to prove. The bodywork would benefit from some work as it isn’t perfect by any means, however it is in a perfectly usable state.
MOT with no advisories until July 2020.
Approximately 245,000 kilometers.
Correctly registered as a Motor Caravan on V5.
Fitted with the original 2.1cc DJ petrol injection and runs without fault with gearbox VC & rear diff lock in full working order. It has recently been serviced & MOT’d in June 2019 by a VW classic specialist.
Summary of work since owned:
- Exhaust 1-3 manifold & knuckle joint replaced with stainless steel items (system is now all stainless with the exception of 2-4 manifold) (June 2018).
- Coolant system flushed & refilled with VW G13 at same time as above exhaust work done because the intermediate pipe water pump to thermostat housing was replaced as a cautionary measure due to corrosion (June 2018).
- Oil pressure switch at rear of engine replaced whilst exhaust was off to cure a minor oil leak (June 2018).
- Power steering system drained, flushed & refilled with correct vw spec power steering fluid (June 2018). There is no issue with the power steering, this was changed because I had no record of it ever being done.
- Gearbox oil drained, differential and pinion head inspected with borescope showing no damage to pinion head or crown wheel. Minimal metal fluff build up on magnetic pick up & gearbox refilled with GL4 spec oil (June 2018). Again no issue with gearbox, however I had no record of it ever being done.
- Front & rear brakes cleaned & serviced (June 2018).
- New starter battery with 5yr warranty (July 2017).
- Full service (oil, oil & air filters, spark plugs, distributor rotor arm & cap, both v belts (Sept 2015).
- Front wheel bearings replaced (Sept 2015).
- Fuel hoses replaced (Sept 2015).
- Coolant system was flushed & refilled with VW G13 (Sept 2015). Replaced due to no record of being done previously.
- Handbrake cables replaced (Sept 2015).
- Water pump replaced (due to failure whilst on holiday), oil change & fan belt (Oct 2014)
- Oil & filter service (June 2014).
- Front suspension Powerflex poly bush kit installed (June 2014). Purchased via a ‘Club 80-90’ Forum group buy offer.
- Rear gear change bush, joint & cup replaced (June 2014).
- Fan blower motor replaced (Jan 2014).
The following has been fitted (from new, previous owner or myself):
- 16” Mercedes ML wheels with 235/65R16 tyres (Toyo Open Country) in excellent condition.
- Longer studs to front and back hubs to cater for 20mm spacers.
- Swing out spare wheel carrier.
- Hydraulic power steering fitted with new steering rack, pipes etc which makes the van a joy to drive.
- Elevating roof was fitted with extra heavy ‘sail cloth’ as opposed to the standard lighter canvas.
- Original Westfalia rock and roll bed (fantastically comfortable) with storage underneath.
- Original Westfalia cupboards, sink with pump, 3-way fridge (runs off gas, mains electric or leisure battery) double burner hob.
- Very rare buddy seat behind front passenger seat which folds and unclips in seconds
- 2 swivel tables (not Westfalia).
- Factory fitted rear heating system (under rear seat) and a Eberspacher water heater and timer which warms the engine water prior to starting. This failed to operate until I replaced the fuel pump a couple of years ago, however again it is failing to ignite.
- Syncro truck door mirrors.
- Access ladder fitted on rear door.
- Bosch driving lights.
- Steel light grills over front & rear indicators/lights
- Sliding side windows.
- Just Kampers dash tidy.
- Floor heating ducting (from front cab to rear)
- Curtains on ‘Silent Gliss’ rails
- Heavy duty flooring.
- Nato style tow hitch with 3 hitch options.
- Chrome front and rear GL Spec bumpers.
- Stainless Steel back box, intermediate pipe.