NOW SOLD – Price £13,000
Location: West London near Heathrow Airport
As with all the vehicles we list on CVC, please do not contact the owner unless you have the actual funds to pay for it. No part exchange offers, no “I just need to sell my bay window first to get the money” no turning up without being able to pay the asking price.
The owner says –
It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to sell my beloved VW T25/T3 Westfalia Joker Syncro.
It has given me great pleasure over the past seven years and I will truly miss her.
She needs a bit of work on the seems and could really do with the rear quarter being
replaced due to an incident with fuel pump protection bollard..oops.
She had a full body and roof respray in 2011 and featured in CampervanCultureulture.com “Syncroshopping” video series.
The paint job is starting to show it’s age and could do with a freshen up tbh ,it is no way rotten just cosmetic.
Virtually all wearable parts were replaced with OEM replacements and poly bushes used in most areas.
She is fully functional & ready to go with most of the desireable add ons including
rear mounted wheel carrier and decoupler, as you should know the Westfalia Syncro comes with both front and rear difflocks.
A little money spent on this would see a great return due to the appreciation of these vehicles,
and I think it would be a great investment. Sadly as I am only using it for maybe two weekends a year it is not financially viable for me anymore
As my child has grown out of wanting to go camping and that was the main reason for purchasing it.
I want her to go to a good home and am in no rush to sell,these are a very rare and unique vehicles, she is taxed and tested and in good working order.
Work done –
- 1987 Westfalia Syncro Poptop
- 1.9TD AAZ
- External oil cooler with up front radiator
- Double glazed windows
- Underslung factory gas/LPG/propane tank
- Front Captain seats with twin swivel mounts
- Good VC & Spare
- 15″ AT BFG’s x 5 on Mefros
- Spare wheel carrier with mounted Farm jack
- Square headlights
- Mph Syncro odometer with rev counter(very rare)
- Syncro truck mirrors
- Opening quarter light windows
- New telescopic prop shaft
- CV joints all replaced apart from front outers
- Pair of new Bosch 100ah batteries
- 100w solar panel & regulator (needs repair)
- Eberspacher heater (working)
- Alpine stereo & speakers
- Poly bush lower track control arm bushes, steering and drop link bushes
- New wishbone bushes
- All bushes replaced with Lemforder
- Stainless steel front to back water pipes
- Reconditioned fuel pump with custom pin less than 500 miles
- Reconditioned front diff by Aiden Talbot
- Front & rear working difflocks
- Silicon water hoses (blue..lol)
- New turbo (not reconditioned)
- New exhaust
- Vw reconditioned gearbox
- Brakes recently overhauled
- New handbrake cable
- New heater fan
- Working fridge with fan mod
- Poptop A frame repaired with solid ends and powder coated
Work advised to be done –
Some Parts of Bodywork need attention was quoted £1300 to repair.
CampervanCulture.com says –
This camper is well known to us. A few years ago we were involved in the rebirth of the vehicle and since then lots of extra work listed above has been carried out. Back when we got involved and helped Rob with getting the van to a decent usable standard we made a video series of getting it up to scratch. Check them out below,