The owner says,
“This unique van is the only one I know of that has taken a galvanising bath before paint. There are no rust problems anywhere and the paint was refreshed last year. The van drives very nicely with 190bhp, poly bushes and power steering. It is a left hand drive originally coming from a VW engineer from the Hanover factory but don’t let that put you off. I have very recently replaced the suspension with powder coated items and at the same time replaced all the wheel bearings, ball joints and all bushes with poly bushes. It rides superbly with very little roll. I am selling because I just don’t use it any more. The kids are teenagers now and won’t come camping so it just sits in the garage forlornly. I am currently building a T4 syncro as well which will replace this and my daily driver so despite what my heart tells me the beast needs to go. “
– 2.9l VR6 from a Corrado – 190bhp
– Lifted about 40mm with 2wd front springs and spacers
– T4 front seats
– Running standard VR6 oil cooler and high performance oil.
– Front Fogs
– SA bigger front brakes
– Oil temp, pressure and voltage dials
– Replaced the wheels and tyres with Hankook rubber and ZCW Force Shadow wheels (load rated to 1150kg)
– Fitted Poly bushes all round
– Fitted adjustable AVO shocks on the back.
– Had the gearbox rebuilt by Aidan Talbot
– Replaced the front section of the roof with later westy U shaped panel.
– Sorted out the air intake
– Replaced the electrics with UK ones
– Fitted an Alpine head unit with hands free bluetooth connection and iPod connectivity.
– Fixed the heating up front
– Fitted the door pods that were missing when I bought it
– Fitted a new custom stainless steel exhaust
– Swapped the headlight from the Squares to the SA grill and round lights
– Fitted 2 x 100 Amp carbon fibre batteries in parallel and a battery brain.
– Fitted a Gas alarm
– Re arranged the engine bay and fitted an oil catch tank and decent air filter.
– Replaced the suspension with powder coated items
– Replaced the engine intake with powder coated intake
– Has Webasto heating
– 60litre fridge 12v/240v/gas
– twin hob
– kind of half sink thing
– big water tank
– Wheel Carrier
– Full size bed and double in roof
– Twin Batteries
– Relay mod for Head Lights
Tax and MOT till May 2014. Price is £18000 and I am happy to assist with shipping if necessary.
As usual leave a comment if interested.