The owner says,
“I built my camper van primarily to chase the Northern Lights and have so far managed to see them twice in the UK so it’s completely met my goals. Although I hoped to see the lights in the UK, I actually built it for a trip to Norway so it is based on a T5 130 4Motion, an honest, fully serviced ex-Orange mobile van with air con and the electric pack, I’ve fitted loads of insulation and an Eberspacher D2 diesel heater, so it’s been equally competent at Aviemore for snowboarding or a hot summer in Newquay for surfing.”
- Cruise control retro-fitted, electric pack needed to enable that.
- 19″ Land Rover Alloys as summer wheels and currently fitted with the original 17” steels with Winter tyres.
- Colour coded bumpers, handles, mirrors
- Parking sensors fitted
- Reversing camera and 3.5″ rear view monitor in place of mirror
- Rear view camera subsequently added as reversing camera wasn’t good enough for normal driving
- Reimo two part pop-up roof with lift up bed
- RIB Altair bed – expensive alternative to Rock n Roll bed but I was always told don’t skimp on your shoes and bed.
- Rear quarter windows added (although offside wasn’t actually cutout), offside centre window replaced with opening unit
- Brand new Eberspacher D2 heater kit fitted under drivers seat
- Polyfloor vinyl – believed to be much tougher than normal vinyl
- Insulation, wiring and carpeting completed by Camperversion of Darwen
- Electrics also provided by Camperversions, voltmeter on main/leisure battery added to distribution box
- Camperversions also built custom unit with Smev cooker/sink, oven/grill and Waeco compressor/fridge.
- Black and brushed aluminium custom furniture with under sink drawers and cupboards and Tambour door
- B&Q decking lights in two rows for mood lighting
- High power LED clusters over sink/cooker and entry step
- Eyeball lights above the rear seat
- CB Radio in overhead console
- Kogan 19″ LED TV on custom TV mount
- Eberspacher mini-wash fitted to give 10l hot water
This is a 2008 go-anywhere campervan, currently at 127k miles, but ready to go and will come with a full 12 months MOT certificate, it cost me over £23k to build, two years ago, only selling because I’ve started sailing.
Price £16,995 ono –