The owner says,
“Up for a very reluctant sale is my Vw LWB LHD Syncro which I’ve own for 2 seasons. I am the third owner. The first was Fred Emery the spy who wrote the Watergate saga who had it built for taking him and his wife to Switzerland to attend ballroom dancing events. It was converted in Germany, straight from the factory and from what I’m told was fitted out by a coach builder who worked with Reimo. The interior is dated but the build quality is immense. Grey is not everybody’s cup of tea but it certainly is functional interior. Whenever anything has needed to be replaced it has been done and I have a mountain of service history to prove so. The van has an LEZ exemption certificate which was sorted out by Fred. This exemption is with the current private number plate M2 FAE so will be staying on the van. Quite handy. It has been a great van and has never let me down and only this weekend done a run from West Wales to dubfreeze in Stafford. My partner and I have had many great trips away in it, featured it in VW T4 T5 bus mag and its even been used as a hire vehicle for site based film recordings.
Its no show and shine van and has a few very small dents and marks but nothing major. After all its a Syncro and made for an adventure not for looking at!
I think this van is an ideal base for an Overlander and ready to take you wherever you set your sights on.
I will be very sorry to see it go but needs must and the funds will be financing a step on the property ladder!”
- Lifted 50 mm
- Heavy duty springs and Aluminium spacers
- Matt black side bars
- Wind deflectors
- 2 x 100 watt solar panels ( charging main leisure battery)
- 25 watt solar panel (trickle charging starter battery)
- 5 x winter tyres. But will be putting General grabber at2s on for new owner
- Fiamma 3.2 meter awning
- Under slung waste water tank
- 230v hook up
- padlocked rear wheel carrier
- Truma Flu
- 2 x captains chairs. 1 with swivel
- 1 x underseat lockbox with keys
- USB sockets
- USB Cd stereo with 3mm jack out
- Pioneer speakers front and back
- Temperature gauge
- Air conditioning
- LED lighting
- Extending gear stick
- Removable kitchen pod
- Large 3way fridge
- 2 burner gas hob and sink
- Truma blown air gas heating system with gas safe cert
- Double flip over table
- Full width reducing to 3/4 width bed
- Large underbed storage
- Pop top full width bed
- 110amp leisure battery
- 2 x water bottle system
- Propane LPG system
- Partially double glazed
- LED strip lights
- Solar regulator
- Rear speaker
- Full drop wardrobe
This is a go-anywhere camper van, currently at 150,000 KM, but ready to go and is currently in Cambridge and available to view..
Offers above £14,000 considered.
SOLD – watch out for this on the Western Coast of the US.
It seems with the lack of new videos that campervanculture is turning into a syncro auto trading spot, we have added a for sale page and will put up interesting vehicles that come up for sale.
There are plenty of syncros out there of which I get syncro envy and usually Russel seems to own them, to be fair, it his is hard graft that goes into rebuilding and designing special features on them that make them so desirable! There aren’t many other vans that make me think I’d sell my Westy and replace it with that..
Originally a good solid standard 16″ LHD Syncro doka, this one has been through the usual strip down and rebuild and features. It was setup and designed to take a family on a trip to South Africa from the UK, with plenty of travelling room in the front and a mass of storage in the back. Just add your roof tent, stove and fridge and you have a ready to roll expedition vehicle.
The custom designed rear box can be removed by undoing 4 bolts and cutting the sealant bead and the original drop sides can be refitted to give you an absolutely stunning DOKA.
• 1992 Year Model
• Original Factory 16
• 4 Door with full TRI-STAR spec interior.
• 5 seat belts 4 being 3 point.
• Passenger swivel seat with fold out table
• Power steering
• Engine: AFN TDI 1.9 with hydraulic engine mounts
• Custom Raised Air intake
• Front and rear diff locks
• Full new stainless steel exhaust
• 5 X BFGoodridge MT 235 85 16 tires
• Head light washers
• Custom back designed to take all expedition equipment.
• Custom roof rack over cab and part of back made to take Hannibal family roof tent.
• Custom rack over back
• External wheel carrier with second as an option
• Top tint windscreen
• Custom tube rear bumper
• The rear box on this doka can be removed by undoing 4 bolts and cutting the sealant bead.
• Body strip down and respray
This is currently up for sale, Offers over £16,000. Contact us for further information.