FOR SALE – £7000 Ono
Contact: Joss on 07825 862624
VW T25 Magnum (by Westfalia) 1988, Left Hand Drive, imported from Germany a few years back. 4 Birth, kingsize on the bottom, big double on the top!!
- 1.9 AAZ (formally from Golf)
- Recon Bosch Diesel Pump with Rover Boost Pin
- Front mounted oil cooler
- Reconditioned Alternator
- Re Engineered throttle assembly to fit under engine lid
- Recent replacement of all pump to injector pipes (had them made to spec)
- New Exhaust (3 years ago?)
- New Battery.
- 5 speed
- Aiden Talbot reconditioned gearbox
- new Gear Linkage
- Recent service of brakes and handbrake
Suspension and wheels:
- Bilstein Lowering Springs (-40mm)
- 16 inch aftermarket Allows (Could do with a refurb, but in good condition other than paint)
- New rear wheel bearings
Good original condition with usual scuffs, marks and age related nonsense! But I love it the way it is with its aftermarket 80s stripes! Its pretty much RUST free, underside is in brilliant condition.
- Mostly original day-van goodness (full width rock ‘n roll bed, original pop on curtains, buddy seat, swivel passenger seat, plastic cup holders!) with the addition off…
- Cooker and tap unit
- Poptop with double bed! (Westfalia style roof) Profesionally fitted a few years back
- Good stereo with speakers in back and front
- Leisure battery.
The owner says,
“I built my camper van primarily to chase the Northern Lights and have so far managed to see them twice in the UK so it’s completely met my goals. Although I hoped to see the lights in the UK, I actually built it for a trip to Norway so it is based on a T5 130 4Motion, an honest, fully serviced ex-Orange mobile van with air con and the electric pack, I’ve fitted loads of insulation and an Eberspacher D2 diesel heater, so it’s been equally competent at Aviemore for snowboarding or a hot summer in Newquay for surfing.”
- Cruise control retro-fitted, electric pack needed to enable that.
- 19″ Land Rover Alloys as summer wheels and currently fitted with the original 17” steels with Winter tyres.
- Colour coded bumpers, handles, mirrors
- Parking sensors fitted
- Reversing camera and 3.5″ rear view monitor in place of mirror
- Rear view camera subsequently added as reversing camera wasn’t good enough for normal driving
- Reimo two part pop-up roof with lift up bed
- RIB Altair bed – expensive alternative to Rock n Roll bed but I was always told don’t skimp on your shoes and bed.
- Rear quarter windows added (although offside wasn’t actually cutout), offside centre window replaced with opening unit
- Brand new Eberspacher D2 heater kit fitted under drivers seat
- Polyfloor vinyl – believed to be much tougher than normal vinyl
- Insulation, wiring and carpeting completed by Camperversion of Darwen
- Electrics also provided by Camperversions, voltmeter on main/leisure battery added to distribution box
- Camperversions also built custom unit with Smev cooker/sink, oven/grill and Waeco compressor/fridge.
- Black and brushed aluminium custom furniture with under sink drawers and cupboards and Tambour door
- B&Q decking lights in two rows for mood lighting
- High power LED clusters over sink/cooker and entry step
- Eyeball lights above the rear seat
- CB Radio in overhead console
- Kogan 19″ LED TV on custom TV mount
- Eberspacher mini-wash fitted to give 10l hot water
This is a 2008 go-anywhere campervan, currently at 127k miles, but ready to go and will come with a full 12 months MOT certificate, it cost me over £23k to build, two years ago, only selling because I’ve started sailing.
Price £16,995 ono –
As described by the current owner:
A UK registered LHD Volvo engined (b230a – redblock) T25 Doka Syncro.
“I’ve had this van 2 years and made many, many upgrades and improvements, its my work and family car so had to be kept maintained to the highest of standards to keep us going.”
SOLD – watch out for this on the Western Coast of the US.
It seems with the lack of new videos that campervanculture is turning into a syncro auto trading spot, we have added a for sale page and will put up interesting vehicles that come up for sale.
There are plenty of syncros out there of which I get syncro envy and usually Russel seems to own them, to be fair, it his is hard graft that goes into rebuilding and designing special features on them that make them so desirable! There aren’t many other vans that make me think I’d sell my Westy and replace it with that..
Originally a good solid standard 16″ LHD Syncro doka, this one has been through the usual strip down and rebuild and features. It was setup and designed to take a family on a trip to South Africa from the UK, with plenty of travelling room in the front and a mass of storage in the back. Just add your roof tent, stove and fridge and you have a ready to roll expedition vehicle.
The custom designed rear box can be removed by undoing 4 bolts and cutting the sealant bead and the original drop sides can be refitted to give you an absolutely stunning DOKA.
• 1992 Year Model
• Original Factory 16
• 4 Door with full TRI-STAR spec interior.
• 5 seat belts 4 being 3 point.
• Passenger swivel seat with fold out table
• Power steering
• Engine: AFN TDI 1.9 with hydraulic engine mounts
• Custom Raised Air intake
• Front and rear diff locks
• Full new stainless steel exhaust
• 5 X BFGoodridge MT 235 85 16 tires
• Head light washers
• Custom back designed to take all expedition equipment.
• Custom roof rack over cab and part of back made to take Hannibal family roof tent.
• Custom rack over back
• External wheel carrier with second as an option
• Top tint windscreen
• Custom tube rear bumper
• The rear box on this doka can be removed by undoing 4 bolts and cutting the sealant bead.
• Body strip down and respray
This is currently up for sale, Offers over £16,000. Contact us for further information.