The original VW Transporter T3 T25 Vanagon Plasma Gauge Cluster – Back light style dash lighting upgrades.
The standard VW dash lighting is weak at best, the bulbs have a tendency to blow and finding replacements all the time can be irritating.
This kit has been developed to bring your Transporter T3/T25/Vanagon dash lights up to date and in line with modern vehicles by providing back-lit style characters on all of the instruments and an illuminated needle like you see on current vehicles.
These CampervanCulture.com back lit plasma gauge faces are a great way to bring the standard style clocks up to date. It gives a really good suggestion that you have something with a bit more poke under the engine lid for all of you with later engine conversions as well as looking that bit more stylish than standard clocks.
In KPH for the authentic German feel.
180 KPH Speedometer and 6000rpm Rev counter Plasma Gauge kit
Each kit is supplied with orange needle paint. In the following images the Speedometer needle is painted with orange and the Rev counter, Fuel and Temp needles are left white so you can make a comparison. (note, these images depict a MPH kit, image for reference only)
The brightness and hue of the gauge illumination can be adjusted via the inclusive adjuster. The brightness of the needle can also be adjusted via the original brightness adjuster on the original headlight switch.
Installation requires a minimal amount of tools and no specialist knowledge, full installation instructions are provided in a link further down this page.
Suitable for all VW T3/T25/Vanagon from 1982 – 1992
(Note – your van must currently have a rev counter)
The following items are included in each kit:
– 1x Speedometer
– 1x Rev counter
– 1x 12V Ballast with hue & brightness adjustment control (with sticky pad for mounting)
– 1x Fuel gauge
– 1x Temp gauge
– 2x Speedometer/Rev counter LED’s
– 1x White light LED (for the center console)
– 1x Scotch block connector (We always think these are a bit of a bodge so please solder properly and feel free not to use these)
– 2x Piece of silver foil tape (for the insides of the bulb holders to create a reflector)
– 1x Pot of paint for all needles (speedo, rev counter, fuel and temp)
– 4x strips of VHB (very high bond) double sided tape (for fuel and temp gauges)
Full installation instructions available here:T3-Plasma-gauge-installation-manual.pdf