1990 Left hand drive VW T3/T25/Vanagon double cab Syncro (DOKA) , 1.6 Turbo Diesel 14”
The owner says,
“It’s with a heavy heart that the decision to sell this syncro has been made, I use it as my daily driver but on occasions my wife has to use it as well, this just isn’t a vehicle for my wife to use regularly, so we have bought a new defender. When I started to look for a Syncro Doka I wanted something original that hadn’t been messed around with, I looked far and wide until I found this little gem, owned from new by a farmer in the arctic circle!! Its been very well looked after and serviced by the supplying dealer all its life with all the service stamps and original books to show! The Doka starts and drives absolutely faultless, in fact I encourage any potential buyer to go and test drive some other I have had many many VW’s including T3’s and this is by very far the best I have driven. I bought this Syncro with the intention of keeping it for a long time, absolutely nothing has been done half heartedly everything I have had done or bought for this truck has been nothing short of the best available.”
The truck was first registered on the 14th of December 1990, its running its original 1.6td JX engine, its got full service history by the supplying dealer until 2009 when it was taken off the road due to clutch failure. The condition of the syncro I would describe as genuine and original, its got its fair share of bumps and grinds but its 25 years old and all original, to me I would rather see this than a restoration hiding all sorts, the under side of the truck is absolutely solid, no corrosion etc just the original paint and remains of some under seal, its got nothing to hide. The locker is spotless inside, the interior is spotless without any damage to the trims etc, rear bed is boarded to the drop downs from new, and chequer plated over the bed, again no corrosion at all.
EVERY SINGLE new part that’s gone into this is less than 1 year old and have seen nothing more than 500 miles.
- Brand new mefro wheels
- Brand new BF Goodrich MT tyres
- Brand new Go Westly 2” lift springs from CampervanCulture.com
- Brand new Fox upgraded shocks from CampervanCulture.com
- Brand new roof rack
- Original vindic rear canopy
- Brand new CampervanCulture.com upgraded washer jets
- Brand new dash top/tidy
- Brand new digital compass/mph GPS speeedo
- Factory fitted rear cab space heater Wabasto coolant heater
- Genuine VW matching front Tri star seats (with arm rests, all in as new condition)
- Brand new Ring spotlights (not wired in yet)
- Original dealer option giant Bosch yellow spots (very rare item!, not wired up yet)
- Genuine Lucus yellow headlight protectors (period rare item)
- factory fitted (from new) head light washers
- Terrawagen 16” wheels arch kit from CampervanCulture.com
- New clutch
- Brand new Alpine CD stereo with Bluetooth, full ipod control and new front speakers
- Aux battery (100amp) controlled by an intelligent split charge system
- Aux fuse board
- Primary and secondary VDO voltage gauges
- Brand new alarm with remote central locking (on front to doors)
- Brand new custom built stainless steel exhaust
- Original three point tow bar , standard uk ball, US ball and nato hitch selectable
- Every single dash bulb has been upgraded to CampervanCulture.com LED’s
- Led rear work light
- Ring rear aux/reversing lamp
- Brand new heated mirrors
- Original supplying dealers rear number plate surround!
- All underbody protection and rock sliders are present and correct
Rear diff lock is fully functional and without fault
Viscous coupling is lovely and working exactly as its intended to.
When this syncro was imported into the UK it was overhauled mechanically to be sure that it was all good and ready for action. New oil filter, air filter, oil pump, oil change, cam belt kit, head gasket, glow plugs, thermostat, injectors, 2x oil pressure switch’s, fuel filter, water pump, thermostat, rocker cover gasket and im sure there was more, it doesn’t use a drop of water nor does it leak… not at all. The rear diff lock is fully functional and without fault and the viscous coupling is lovely and working exactly as its intended to. I have spared no expense building this truck and if your looking you will see the thousands and thousands that have gone into this, it has a confirmed millage of 227688kms (141000 miles) from new, she drives absolutely amazing, starts first time evry time without fail, the gear box is faultless and the brakes are perfect, the interior seats, headlining and flooring are absolutely faultless. This old girl is as honest as they come, she has absolutely no chassis seam of arch corrosion or rust issues and has NEVER been welded or repaired ………nothing to hide and is ready to take you anywhere you want to go. This is the real deal go anywhere ready for anything syncro with only 1 previous owner to me, ready to get in and enjoy.
This vehicle is in Somerset UK and can be viewed with with a view to buy only. Please don’t take this the wrong way but please only make contact if you have the actual money available to make the purchase. NO, “I just need to sell my Bay window camper first”, No, PX for any other combinations of other vehicle, the vehicles of sale on the CVC vans for sale are for full payment buyers only.. As always this Doka can be shipped over seas if the buyer wants to arrange shipping.
Taking into consideration how hard it is to get a good base Doka in this condition these days and with all of the ultimate accessories taken care of, this Syncro can be yours for £13,000