The owner says,
“Up for a very reluctant sale is my Vw LWB LHD Syncro which I’ve own for 2 seasons. I am the third owner. The first was Fred Emery the spy who wrote the Watergate saga who had it built for taking him and his wife to Switzerland to attend ballroom dancing events. It was converted in Germany, straight from the factory and from what I’m told was fitted out by a coach builder who worked with Reimo. The interior is dated but the build quality is immense. Grey is not everybody’s cup of tea but it certainly is functional interior. Whenever anything has needed to be replaced it has been done and I have a mountain of service history to prove so. The van has an LEZ exemption certificate which was sorted out by Fred. This exemption is with the current private number plate M2 FAE so will be staying on the van. Quite handy. It has been a great van and has never let me down and only this weekend done a run from West Wales to dubfreeze in Stafford. My partner and I have had many great trips away in it, featured it in VW T4 T5 bus mag and its even been used as a hire vehicle for site based film recordings.
Its no show and shine van and has a few very small dents and marks but nothing major. After all its a Syncro and made for an adventure not for looking at!
I think this van is an ideal base for an Overlander and ready to take you wherever you set your sights on.
I will be very sorry to see it go but needs must and the funds will be financing a step on the property ladder!”
- Lifted 50 mm
- Heavy duty springs and Aluminium spacers
- Matt black side bars
- Wind deflectors
- 2 x 100 watt solar panels ( charging main leisure battery)
- 25 watt solar panel (trickle charging starter battery)
- 5 x winter tyres. But will be putting General grabber at2s on for new owner
- Fiamma 3.2 meter awning
- Under slung waste water tank
- 230v hook up
- padlocked rear wheel carrier
- Truma Flu
- 2 x captains chairs. 1 with swivel
- 1 x underseat lockbox with keys
- USB sockets
- USB Cd stereo with 3mm jack out
- Pioneer speakers front and back
- Temperature gauge
- Air conditioning
- LED lighting
- Extending gear stick
- Removable kitchen pod
- Large 3way fridge
- 2 burner gas hob and sink
- Truma blown air gas heating system with gas safe cert
- Double flip over table
- Full width reducing to 3/4 width bed
- Large underbed storage
- Pop top full width bed
- 110amp leisure battery
- 2 x water bottle system
- Propane LPG system
- Partially double glazed
- LED strip lights
- Solar regulator
- Rear speaker
- Full drop wardrobe
This is a go-anywhere camper van, currently at 150,000 KM, but ready to go and is currently in Cambridge and available to view..
Offers above £14,000 considered.
Email – email@example.com
Tel – 07847 031437
The owner says,
“I built my camper van primarily to chase the Northern Lights and have so far managed to see them twice in the UK so it’s completely met my goals. Although I hoped to see the lights in the UK, I actually built it for a trip to Norway so it is based on a T5 130 4Motion, an honest, fully serviced ex-Orange mobile van with air con and the electric pack, I’ve fitted loads of insulation and an Eberspacher D2 diesel heater, so it’s been equally competent at Aviemore for snowboarding or a hot summer in Newquay for surfing.”
- Cruise control retro-fitted, electric pack needed to enable that.
- 19″ Land Rover Alloys as summer wheels and currently fitted with the original 17” steels with Winter tyres.
- Colour coded bumpers, handles, mirrors
- Parking sensors fitted
- Reversing camera and 3.5″ rear view monitor in place of mirror
- Rear view camera subsequently added as reversing camera wasn’t good enough for normal driving
- Reimo two part pop-up roof with lift up bed
- RIB Altair bed – expensive alternative to Rock n Roll bed but I was always told don’t skimp on your shoes and bed.
- Rear quarter windows added (although offside wasn’t actually cutout), offside centre window replaced with opening unit
- Brand new Eberspacher D2 heater kit fitted under drivers seat
- Polyfloor vinyl – believed to be much tougher than normal vinyl
- Insulation, wiring and carpeting completed by Camperversion of Darwen
- Electrics also provided by Camperversions, voltmeter on main/leisure battery added to distribution box
- Camperversions also built custom unit with Smev cooker/sink, oven/grill and Waeco compressor/fridge.
- Black and brushed aluminium custom furniture with under sink drawers and cupboards and Tambour door
- B&Q decking lights in two rows for mood lighting
- High power LED clusters over sink/cooker and entry step
- Eyeball lights above the rear seat
- CB Radio in overhead console
- Kogan 19″ LED TV on custom TV mount
- Eberspacher mini-wash fitted to give 10l hot water
This is a 2008 go-anywhere campervan, currently at 127k miles, but ready to go and will come with a full 12 months MOT certificate, it cost me over £23k to build, two years ago, only selling because I’ve started sailing.
Price £16,995 ono –
Our good friend Russel originally built this beast and for those who don’t know Russel he is the best in the business. Originally intended for his family to navigate their way overland to South Africa from Scotland, Russel has had a change of plan, as a result this incredible vehicle was bought by a family friend and it is now looking for a new owner.
2 Year body rebuild including complete respray!
Uprated to NP242 transfer case.
2.4 intercooled turbo diesel
Approx 3400km on engine – Complete NEW engine fitted
Front and Rear Difflocks
Open and locked 4 wheel drive
Low box for offroad
Almost new 255/100-16 Michelin tyres-x 6. On original VW LT 4×4 rims
100l auxilary fuel tank
Interior / Camping Spec:
Custom build high spec interior fitted recently
Double Glazing to all rear windows
Internal and external shower points
Hot and Cold Water!
Seats 6, sleeps 5
4 3-Point Belts and 2 lap belts
Lots and Lots of storage
Very high quality interior build.
110 Litre Fresh Water Tank
Twin cooking job with integrated sink and water tap.
Casette Toilet in Shower Room with External Access for changing
Sink in Shower Room
90 litre compressor fridge
Shower Room has extraction fan!
Custom Roof basket storage area to rear
Integral BBQ / Braii to rear
Integral Sand Ladder Racks
Fiamma awning with external LED lighting
Fold Down rear Gas storage tray
Jed stayed it in last time he was up in Scotland, and experienced the life of luxury.
Yours for only £26,500. NOW SOLD Please leave a comment if you have the money and want to buy this amazing vehicle and we will get back to you ASAP.:
Wheel Carrier and Jack to rear – integral sand ladder mounts on side
The new engine prior to installation
VW LT 40 4×4 Expedition camper NOW FOR SALE from CampervanCulture.com on Vimeo.