Every year CVC pack up the vans and head to Busfest, the world’s largest gathering of VW vans, held at the Three Counties Showground in the shadow of the Malvern Hills here in the UK. This year was no exception, even with Jed’s van off the road due to a knackered gearbox. Enjoy!
It’s that time again to get your submissions in for the second CVC calendar! Photos need to have been taken at some point in 2017, be horizontal and high resolution, and with just your van and mother nature (let’s leave those pesky humans out of them). Please email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include van year/model and where the photo was taken, plus any other interesting details. Get snapping!
Deadline is November 1. Those chosen receive a free calendar.
With the CampervanCulture.com webshop closed for 2 weeks the CVC team went there separate ways for a well earned break. Anne, Noah and I (Dan) headed off from the south coast of England, up to Holyhead, then across the Irish Sea to Dublin to explore the west coast of Ireland and the Wild Atlantic Way. Enjoy.
This September come visit Campervan Culture at both Busfest and Adventure Overland shows.
To save on postage costs we are happy to bring along any preordered items ordered through the webshop. Just choose “for local pickup” when ordering and add a note mentioning which show you wish to pick up from. Please bring your order number on the day to speed things along.
Make sure you come by and say hello. Jed and Dan.
Please note that we will be closed from August 4 – August 20. Dan will be heading to Ireland and Jed will most likely be off to work on the Managon. You’ll be able to order on the web shop now and we will try to get your order to you now but we won’t be all systems go until we get back on the 20th.
Jed & Dan
Please note that we will be closed from lunchtime on April 13 – April 23. The website will operate as normal, but any orders placed during this time will not be dispatched until the week beginning April 24. Happy Easter everyone and as ever thank you for your support!
FOR SALE – £7000 Ono
Contact: Joss on 07825 862624
VW T25 Magnum (by Westfalia) 1988, Left Hand Drive, imported from Germany a few years back. 4 Birth, kingsize on the bottom, big double on the top!!
- 1.9 AAZ (formally from Golf)
- Recon Bosch Diesel Pump with Rover Boost Pin
- Front mounted oil cooler
- Reconditioned Alternator
- Re Engineered throttle assembly to fit under engine lid
- Recent replacement of all pump to injector pipes (had them made to spec)
- New Exhaust (3 years ago?)
- New Battery.
- 5 speed
- Aiden Talbot reconditioned gearbox
- new Gear Linkage
- Recent service of brakes and handbrake
Suspension and wheels:
- Bilstein Lowering Springs (-40mm)
- 16 inch aftermarket Allows (Could do with a refurb, but in good condition other than paint)
- New rear wheel bearings
Good original condition with usual scuffs, marks and age related nonsense! But I love it the way it is with its aftermarket 80s stripes! Its pretty much RUST free, underside is in brilliant condition.
- Mostly original day-van goodness (full width rock ‘n roll bed, original pop on curtains, buddy seat, swivel passenger seat, plastic cup holders!) with the addition off…
- Cooker and tap unit
- Poptop with double bed! (Westfalia style roof) Profesionally fitted a few years back
- Good stereo with speakers in back and front
- Leisure battery.
Here is longtime customer of CVC Phil Jefferies and his completed 1990 16″ Syncro renovation. We think he’s done a fantastic job and we’re chuffed to have so many CVC products make it into this beast. Enjoy the photographs below and keep a look out for links to the featured products.
- Wolf Box roof storage containers.
- Trasharoo Storage for rear wheel (or bike rack).
- Rear wheel mounted steps for accessing roof.
Credit to Mcfade Photography for the rather nice images.
I’m sure a lot of you will know these already. New owners… maybe not. So here are a few of my favourite, subtle upgrades that make a world of difference. Modifications I’d like to think Westfalia / VW would include if they were still making these vans today. They’re things I’m so used to now that if I ever bought another van I’d make these changes straight away.
Let us know in the comments if there’s any additions we need to have on here.
Square Headlight Protectors
Stop those rather expensive headlights from any nasty cracks.
Twin Windscreen Washer Jets
Double your squirting power, you know… like modern vehicles have.
Fridge Vent with High Quality power/USB points
Get some power up the back next to the seat/bed where you need it most.
LED Dash Bulbs
One of the cheapest and simplest upgrades, and boy what a difference it makes. While you’re at it why not replace all your van’s light… we have replacement LEDs for all your lighting.
Westfalia Grey Shower/Tap upgrade
Swap between shower and regular water flow plus have the added versatility of being able to run the shower out of the kitchen window to use it outside.
Westfalia Table Stowing Brackets
Get the front table out from behind your drivers seat and stored up back out of the way.
Intermittent wiper upgrade
Enter the modern age… in addition to fast and super fast speed add the ability to adjust your wiper speed to suit the weather conditions.
Westfalia Front Table Leg Step
Give yourself (and your kids) a helping hand to get up into the roof.
High Power LED Headlight Upgrade Kit
Replace your tired, dim headlights. It’ll be like day vs night once you’ve experienced the difference these make to your night driving.
Under Seat Storage Drawer
Make use of that wasted space underneath your front seats with these handy unobtrusive lockable drawers.
Terrawagen Terrapodz Day Time Running Lights
Why buy an expensive and hard to find South African grille when you can get a set of Terrapodz?
Keep a look out for Part 2.
VW T3 Vanagon Westfalia Atlantic 2WD Adventure Camper for sale
1990 LHD imported in 2006 from Germany log book and history present MOT until Mar 17.
Click or paste the link into your address bar to see the van in action on YouTube: https://youtu.be/zP2HdQ52lRM
- One of the last T3 models to come off the production line and as a result only a limited number were made. It’s fully loaded and ready for camping.
- Comes with 15″ Mefro Steel wheels and BFG Goodrich AT tyres as well as the Gowesty lift kit with prerunner and 2WD decals.
- Old Leisure battery and wiring stripped out and fitted with a new battery, split relay, power distribution unit, volt meter and modern fuse kit, but still maintaining all the old control panels. In addition 4x USB power sockets, 3x 12V power sockets and a 300W inverter. All lights in the rear including 2x new LED lights in the boot area run from the leisure battery. She also comes with a DAB radio and antenna.
- As an Atlantic she comes with double glazing, Eberspacher Night heater, LPG gas tank, two hob cooker, sink and tap with water tank, swing out table, captains chairs up front with swivel bases, original three quarter rock and roll bed with seat belts and another two birth bed in the poptop (4 birth all up), all curtains present including the cab.
- The interior of the van is in great condition and very clean. The exterior is in great condition for its age, having been resprayed a few years back from its original Calypso Green to a flame red, some seam rash in the usual places but the body and underneath are solid.
- Engine is a converted 1.9 AAZ TD which runs like a dream currently at 108k. Recent full service, coolant flush and check over by VW specialist. The JX was changed out for the AAZ in 2006 when the original JK had approx 179k on the clock. The VAG service plan was stamped every year up until this point and there after paper copies from UK garages etc.
I use this Atlantic daily for work, and travel a few hundred miles on a regular basis at weekends visiting family and trips away in the UK. At the extreme end of the spectrum we took her all the way to the South of France and across to Corsica this summer. Did a lap of the island and came back. She performed without fault, with the exception of an altanator belt which snapped. She’s reasonable on fuel and does not burn oil. She has a small oil leak (thumb nail over a few days when standing) that has never caused us any trouble, I’ve had a few seals changed but never felt the need to get it fully diagnosed as it never worried me. Such is life with these buses. If you need a second opinion on her, all the servicing is carried out by Doug at VW WERKS.
Selling to fund the next project, we will be sad to see her go.
Priced competitively at £10,995. Sensible offers welcome.
Contact no. 07732489249 quoting CampervanCulture.com
We are now accepting photo submissions for the first CVC calendar! Ideally they need to be horizontal, with just your van and mother nature (let’s leave those pesky humans out of them). Please email your photos to email@example.com. Please also include a few details as well. Get snapping!
Deadline is November 1. Those chosen receive a free calendar.
While waiting for our new Arctic Circle series to premiere we thought some of you (especially the newcomers) might like to catch up with our Morocco series from a few of years ago. Here is the whole series in it’s entirety. Enjoy!