VW T3 Vanagon Westfalia Atlantic 2WD Adventure Camper for sale
1990 LHD imported in 2006 from Germany log book and history present MOT until Mar 17.
Click or paste the link into your address bar to see the van in action on YouTube: https://youtu.be/zP2HdQ52lRM
- One of the last T3 models to come off the production line and as a result only a limited number were made. It’s fully loaded and ready for camping.
- Comes with 15″ Mefro Steel wheels and BFG Goodrich AT tyres as well as the Gowesty lift kit with prerunner and 2WD decals.
- Old Leisure battery and wiring stripped out and fitted with a new battery, split relay, power distribution unit, volt meter and modern fuse kit, but still maintaining all the old control panels. In addition 4x USB power sockets, 3x 12V power sockets and a 300W inverter. All lights in the rear including 2x new LED lights in the boot area run from the leisure battery. She also comes with a DAB radio and antenna.
- As an Atlantic she comes with double glazing, Eberspacher Night heater, LPG gas tank, two hob cooker, sink and tap with water tank, swing out table, captains chairs up front with swivel bases, original three quarter rock and roll bed with seat belts and another two birth bed in the poptop (4 birth all up), all curtains present including the cab.
- The interior of the van is in great condition and very clean. The exterior is in great condition for its age, having been resprayed a few years back from its original Calypso Green to a flame red, some seam rash in the usual places but the body and underneath are solid.
- Engine is a converted 1.9 AAZ TD which runs like a dream currently at 108k. Recent full service, coolant flush and check over by VW specialist. The JX was changed out for the AAZ in 2006 when the original JK had approx 179k on the clock. The VAG service plan was stamped every year up until this point and there after paper copies from UK garages etc.
I use this Atlantic daily for work, and travel a few hundred miles on a regular basis at weekends visiting family and trips away in the UK. At the extreme end of the spectrum we took her all the way to the South of France and across to Corsica this summer. Did a lap of the island and came back. She performed without fault, with the exception of an altanator belt which snapped. She’s reasonable on fuel and does not burn oil. She has a small oil leak (thumb nail over a few days when standing) that has never caused us any trouble, I’ve had a few seals changed but never felt the need to get it fully diagnosed as it never worried me. Such is life with these buses. If you need a second opinion on her, all the servicing is carried out by Doug at VW WERKS.
Selling to fund the next project, we will be sad to see her go.
Priced competitively at £10,995. Sensible offers welcome.
Contact no. 07732489249 quoting CampervanCulture.com